Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England, My England

el punal

Well I’ve done it, at last I’ve gone and done it! Not since the World Cup of 2006 have I displayed my Cross of Saint George flag. Why? My faith in our national team expired after so many woeful performances and failed tournaments. Bad fan me - absolutely.

Now, 2018, there is something different, something positive to grasp. We have such a young, inexperienced team with an absolute charmer of a manager who have captivated me and millions more. This is a group of players who have played their heart out, clung on, fought to the bitter end and have never given up. The are certainly not the best, or the most skilful, but they are together as one, as a team, our team, and this cheers me no end.

So now it is with pride that my dusty, creased, Cross of St.George is fluttering proudly at the front of my house.

Good luck boys, and whether you win or lose you have restored the pride, and my faith, in English football.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Good to have so much support but two weeks ago most people on here, and elsewhere were ridiculing England, Southgate and most of the players to the point where they didnt know that a friendly was being played, let alone watch it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
a15e22d76f73c789fa9a10cbb79be86b.jpg

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Good to have so much support but two weeks ago most people on here, and elsewhere were ridiculing England, Southgate and most of the players to the point where they didnt know that a friendly was being played, let alone watch it.

Indeed. I mean, it is great but there are an awful lot of bandwaggon-jumpers. (A bit like all the new fans we (Brighton) picked up once we ceased being a shit team playing at an athletics stadium). England match threads on here would be full of people falling over themselves to say how much they don't care about England.

Still, it IS great to see the new connection between the team and the English people.Enjoy it because whatever happens now the pressure on England in the next tournament will be immense. Then the whole cycle will start again!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I have two large flags up. One in downstairs window and one in top window, and I don't care what any of the neighbours think.

They're put up every time England are in a competition to show support for the boys and partly to remember dad who died far too young 20 years ago, he was a proud Englishman who loved his football.

R.I.P dad

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well I’ve done it, at last I’ve gone and done it! Not since the World Cup of 2006 have I displayed my Cross of Saint George flag. Why? My faith in our national team expired after so many woeful performances and failed tournaments. Bad fan me - absolutely.

Now, 2018, there is something different, something positive to grasp. We have such a young, inexperienced team with an absolute charmer of a manager who have captivated me and millions more. This is a group of players who have played their heart out, clung on, fought to the bitter end and have never given up. The are certainly not the best, or the most skilful, but they are together as one, as a team, our team, and this cheers me no end.

So now it is with pride that my dusty, creased, Cross of St.George is fluttering proudly at the front of my house.

Good luck boys, and whether you win or lose you have restored the pride, and my faith, in English football.

Nationalist colonial pig, you should be ashamed. Everyone knows that displaying Saint George is a display of racism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here