neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Feckin right we are, Seagulls. :cool:

nJ0V9fR.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
A lot of birds are desperate for fresh water to drink, due to having no rain. I saw a seagull drinking from a cleaning bucket in Brighton station yesterday. I just hope there was no cleaning fluid in it.

I've put an old washing up bowl out, in my garden with some stones in it, so wildlife can get some water.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
A lot of birds are desperate for fresh water to drink, due to having no rain. I saw a seagull drinking from a cleaning bucket in Brighton station yesterday. I just hope there was no cleaning fluid in it.

I've put an old washing up bowl out, in my garden with some stones in it, so wildlife can get some water.

Have you put up sign? Maybe the “Crow & Antler” or the “feathers”?

Seriously though good for you, times are tough for our wildlife especially just now. We have been working on a wildlife pond for a couple of years now but made a wonderful “error” by getting a shepherd puppy 18 months ago. Spends more time in the pond than the paddling pool we bought them - giving up till next year once he grows up a bit!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

That sounds like a good plan. My cat is certainly suffering at the moment too, even to the extent this morning of him jumping into the bath and lapping up the excess water before it disappeared down the plug hole.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
RSPCA officer Clara Scully said: "They've really been suffering with hangovers after a gulls' night out." :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That sounds like a good plan. My cat is certainly suffering at the moment too, even to the extent this morning of him jumping into the bath and lapping up the excess water before it disappeared down the plug hole.

My two cats have a bowl of water which is changed free every day. They prefer to drink the stale water outside in the washing up bowl. It's probably the taste of fluoride, they don't like. I put the stones in the bowl as one side so if any small animal falls in they can escape.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
My two cats have a bowl of water which is changed free every day. They prefer to drink the stale water outside in the washing up bowl. It's probably the taste of fluoride, they don't like. I put the stones in the bowl as one side so if any small animal falls in they can escape.

Not sure where you live, but Southern Water doesn't add fluoride to the water supply. There will be some naturally occurring fluoride, but the levels are super low. Do you mean chlorine?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not sure where you live, but Southern Water doesn't add fluoride to the water supply. There will be some naturally occurring fluoride, but the levels are super low. Do you mean chlorine?

Quite probably. Whateve it is the cats don't like it.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
My cat is an idiot.

He clearly isn't enjoying the heat but keeps forgetting during the day and lying in the sun/warmest part of the house for as long as possible like he always does. Then he realises that it isn't actually going to get much cooler and sulks for the rest of the evening. Mooching around looking hot and pissed off and trying to find somewhere cold. Like now....

He's not tried to steal my beer yet though.
2681761dc686252e88dec39946f6c146.jpg

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave

Just wanted to remind all ref the above comment........if you can please “do your bit”. Thanks.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

A previous neighbour had a cat and they never touched their water bowl, seemed to prefer the filthiest rain water in the buckets/watering cans in the garden.
Maybe there's more minerals in that?

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003

Don't suppose you leave out any cold beers for any passing ex matelots?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here