Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Plucky Bournemouth

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is very clear that it’s a calculated gamble, if it works you can pay the fine out of petty cash compared to the earnings.

Whichever way you dress it up, it’s cheating though.

Plucky my arse, CHEATS

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is very clear that it’s a calculated gamble, if it works you can pay the fine out of petty cash compared to the earnings.

Whichever way you dress it up, it’s cheating though.

Plucky my arse, CHEATS

Well in a way, that fault lays with the FA for not making the fine much heavier. The greater the deterrent, the less clubs will be inclined to do it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well in a way, that fault lays with the FA for not making the fine much heavier. The greater the deterrent, the less clubs will be inclined to do it.

Toothless against Oligarchs and rich foreign owners, see QPR too

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Should not be fined they should automatically be relegated back to the division they came from

I feel much the same about teams like Bournemouth, Leicester, QPR, Swansea flouting the rules and effectively cheating.

If not a block on promotion, a points deduction should be introduced and imposed at the start of the following season. The amount of points deducted should be on a sliding scale depending on how many millions of pounds in breach of the FFP limit.

For instance, if Bournemouth had been given an 8-point penalty before the start of the 2015/16 PL season, they would have finished in 18th place instead of 16th - and relegated instead of Newcastle.

Burnley & Brighton may get relegated soon (maybe this season) but Bournemouth will drop sooner or later and I doubt they will return whereas the Clarets & Seagulls would have a decent chance of bouncing straight back.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This latest figure is the same fine but negotiated down as a final settlement.

Thanks. I misunderstood as I thought they paid £7M about three years ago. The Bounemouth fans on here were keen to tell us about it, despite denying many many times, that they hadn't broken FFP rules.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thanks. I misunderstood as I thought they paid £7M about three years ago. The Bounemouth fans on here were keen to tell us about it, despite denying many many times, that they hadn't broken FFP rules.

Yep remember that quite well. Knew they would fail FFP. Think it was obvious to everyone apart from there fans.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Yep remember that quite well. Knew they would fail FFP. Think it was obvious to everyone apart from there fans.

Those fans have been strangely absent since it became clear that they were wrong wrong wrong. Funny that.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Those fans have been strangely absent since it became clear that they were wrong wrong wrong. Funny that.

They hadn't even paid it, but spent three years trying to get it reduced.

Are you Palace in disguise? Cheats.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here