Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Jack russels

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
This time every year my Jack Russell licks and scratches himself to pieces.... any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, vet does'nt seem to know.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
My jack russel Gary used to get it bad in the hot weather took him to vets and got antihistamines just allergies

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Give him Weetabix with hot milk. Apparently used to love it before going out to keep wicket for England.

How long have you two been an item?

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Seasonal allergies leading to yeast infection in the ear and hot spots on the skin. Happens to one of our Retrievers. Ear cream from the vet and OTC allergy meds (Benedryl or something similar). We use this for putting on the hotspots https://www.bagbalm.com. But have heard that this from Burts Bees is also good. https://www.burtsbeespets.com/soothing-hot-spot-spray
If you have some, dab Apple Cider Vinegar mix (1 part vinegar to 20 water ) and apply with cotton wool and let dry.
Hope this helps.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought his was going to be a thread about a bloke with dry leaves in his pocket :shrug:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
You need to get your vet to sign up for NSC!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This time every year my Jack Russell licks and scratches himself to pieces.... any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, vet does'nt seem to know.

Give him an anti histamine. One of our two is allergic to long grass and gets itchy and red.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Give him an anti histamine. One of our two is allergic to long grass and gets itchy and red.

Is this dog or human stuff? I have a beagle JR cross and he is in a state every summer, tried all sorts of stuff homeopathetic the lot

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
from personal experience that our little dog suffers occasionally from pollens and our vet advised Piriton which did the trick

Below is taken from a website called DogsBarn.com

Piriton is perfectly safe for dogs and is often recommended by vets as an alternative to prescription drugs to ease the symptoms of allergies, as long as the correct dosage is adhered to and the tablets or syrup are administered correctly.

Piriton can be used as a long-term solution for uncomfortable, chronic allergy symptoms and has the benefit of having few side effects.

There is no cure for allergic reactions, so the best course of action is to remove the offending allergen from the environment if at all possible. If your faithful friend has a reaction to your cleaning products for example, change them without hesitation. Unfortunately, for dogs suffering from hay fever type symptoms as a result of exposure to grasses and pollens, this can't be avoided.

Dog owners can try to help alleviate some of the irritation by being aware of the causes and finding ways to offer some relief. This is where Piriton Tablets can help.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is this dog or human stuff? I have a beagle JR cross and he is in a state every summer, tried all sorts of stuff homeopathetic the lot

I think you may find that homeopathic is not 'the lot'. Its just some, and also it is infinitely diluted. For something equivalent.....have you tried prayer?

On a more constructive note, antihistamines can take several days to start having effect, so you need to be patient and persistent. :thumbsup:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here