Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Can NSC recommend a Double Glazing Engineer

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I've got a double glazed window where the locking handle doesn't work - clips into place but doesn't move the locking bars far enough to actually lock the window - i.e. I can just push it open with the handle in the lock position.

I've used Brighton trade windows in past for this sort of thing but thought they were overly expensive. Can anyone recommend an engineer local to Hove - if they don't charge a call out fee all the better ! I thought of BG and then thought about it again ....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I've got a double glazed window where the locking handle doesn't work - clips into place but doesn't move the locking bars far enough to actually lock the window - i.e. I can just push it open with the handle in the lock position.

I've used Brighton trade windows in past for this sort of thing but thought they were overly expensive. Can anyone recommend an engineer local to Hove - if they don't charge a call out fee all the better ! I thought of BG and then thought about it again ....

I was on the verge of thinking I needed to replace most of my windows as hinges were rusted, handles not working, glazing misted. Mark replaced loads of glazing, handles and hinges and basically saved me a fortune keeping a load of windows going for years to come.

https://www.checkatrade.com/DoubleGlazingDoctor/

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was on the verge of thinking I needed to replace most of my windows as hinges were rusted, handles not working, glazing misted. Mark replaced loads of glazing, handles and hinges and basically saved me a fortune keeping a load of windows going for years to come.

https://www.checkatrade.com/DoubleGlazingDoctor/

Thank you. Your post does have shades of Trigger's Broom though :wink:

GAZTASTIC

Sep 17, 2010
HOVE - JUST
Aftercare from Burgess Hill are excellent and reasonably priced. Used them myself last week. They will check out the problem then quote and not, to my knowldge, charge a call out fee.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've got a couple of windows where the seals have gone. Is there anywhere in the Brighton area who is reliable and reasonable to replace the glass?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here