Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Alan Longmuir RIP

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Alan Longmuir of the Bay City Rollers dies aged 70

Alan Longmuir, the original Bay City Roller who co-founded the Scottish pop band who for a time were bigger than The Beatles, has died at the age of 70 today at Forth Valley Royal Hospital in Larbert after a short illness.

Not everyone cup of tea, but loved them as a kid before punk got a hold of me.

RIP Alan.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Never liked them, and remember fondly the time that Johnny Walker was playing the new top 30 at lunchtime, and cleverly played too much music so that there was no time to play the No.1 (The Bay City Rollers).

Yesterday's Hero, RIP

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Never liked them, and remember fondly the time that Johnny Walker was playing the new top 30 at lunchtime, and cleverly played too much music so that there was no time to play the No.1 (The Bay City Rollers).

Yesterday's Hero, RIP

Was that the Street Of London that should have been No.1? I remember that as I listened in the playground.

Alan was 70, blimey. I thought I was older than him. There have been many similar bands since, made up and aimed at a certain audience. One Direction anyone? Regardless of that, I knew his name from the thread title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSA90SN72-0
From 3.33

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Actually, in the (very) early days (when Davy Paton and Billy Lyall, who later went on to form Pilot, were in the band along with the Longmuir brothers) the Bay City Rollers were a pretty decent local band, good enough to make a few records. It was when Les McKeown and Woody came along, and the stupid short length trousers and tartan trim and all that rubbish, that they became the band that many music lovers detested.
So Alan was, for a while at least, a valued member of a decent band, so RIP Alan.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Really? Before punk, I was listening to other music, not that manufactured spotty teeny bop bollocks. :shrug:

But....what about...Deanna Lund, actress who starred on the Science-Fiction TV series "Land of the Lost," has died at the age of 81, according to The Hollywood Reporter and other news sources....

deanna_resume.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Actually, in the (very) early days (when Davy Paton and Billy Lyall, who later went on to form Pilot,

Let me stop you there.

tumblr_mthui1y86W1rv3w77o6_r1_250.gif

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Never was a fan and after seeing Les McKeown in a doco recently I was left scratching my head.
He is a strange one.
Due respect though RIP.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Actually, in the (very) early days (when Davy Paton and Billy Lyall, who later went on to form Pilot, were in the band along with the Longmuir brothers) the Bay City Rollers were a pretty decent local band, good enough to make a few records. It was when Les McKeown and Woody came along, and the stupid short length trousers and tartan trim and all that rubbish, that they became the band that many music lovers detested.
So Alan was, for a while at least, a valued member of a decent band, so RIP Alan.
Stupid enough... then made (and apparently lost) a lot of money!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here