Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephen Alzate

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/...rom-premier-league-side-brighton/?ref=mr&lp=3

Apparently we have loaned him to Swindon not a name I am familiar with.

SWINDON Town have completed their second transfer of the summer after agreeing to sign youngster Steven Alzate on a season-long loan from Premier League side Brighton & Hove Albion, subject to FA and EFL approval.

Alzate trained with his new team for the first time today at the club’s Beversbrook base in Calne, and could be involved in Town’s opening pre-season friendly of the summer against Cirencester Town on Wednesday.

The 19-year-old forward has previous experience of League Two football, having made 12 appearances in the fourth tier for Leyton Orient during the 2016/17 campaign.

Alzate is thrilled to make the move to Wiltshire and hopes to help Phil Brown’s side mount a promotion push once the new season begins.

He told Town’s official website: “I have come to Swindon because I think this is a club that is going places and I would love to be a part of that.

“We’ve got a great manager in Phil Brown and I feel like he can help me in my development.

“I would love to help the team get promotion and get quite a few goals and assists.

“I’m ready for the challenge.”

Alzate began his career with Orient and scored his first professional goal against Newport County back in March 2017.

He soon caught the eye of Brighton and moved to the Amex Stadium at the end of that season.

Alzate was involved in a number of the Seagulls’ matchday squads last season and featured twice for the club in the Checkatrade Trophy early in the campaign.

The move to Town marks Alzate’s first loan stint away from the Amex since arriving last July, with Albion having an option to recall him in January.

His arrival follows that of Jermaine McGlashan, who became Town’s first new signing of the summer a fortnight ago after joining on a free transfer following his release from League One side Southend United.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Impressive last night.
The run for the second goal was the type we rarely saw (last season) from our midfielders.
Looked hungry for it too.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
A lot of talk about Connelly and rightly so but I think Alzate may be the first to make his league debut. He looks everything we don’t have in our midfield, pace and box to box midfielder. The manager said he was impressed with him in pre season and by all accounts he was mom last night. Early days but he could just be the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
A lot of talk about Connelly and rightly so but I think Alzate may be the first to make his league debut. He looks everything we don’t have in our midfield, pace and box to box midfielder. The manager said he was impressed with him in pre season and by all accounts he was mom last night. Early days but he could just be the answer to our lack of creativity in midfield.
Have we been lacking in creativity from the midfield so far this season ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Need to look at extending his contract I reckon.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Nice assist for Glenn.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Have we been lacking in creativity from the midfield so far this season ?

That was my first thought. Stephens has looked a lot better in 3-4-3 and has been playing more forward passes while Propper set up the second v Watford and could have scored on Saturday but for some very tame finishing. But Alzate and Bissouma give us options with pace which Stephens and Propper lack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

I really don't think we've been lacking creativity from midfield this season... 3 goals against Watford, bags of chances against West Ham and chances with 10 men vs Soton is a marked improvement on the last two seasons.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
He started the game as right wing back, last night, which was a bit of a surprise as Ali J had been flagged as the try out man in this position. He looked composed in the first half and played himself out of trouble a few times. He made a few forays up the pitch drifting left a couple of times, when we were breaking and it was a clever little move on the left side of the area that found the space for the second goal, which he handed to Murray on a plate really. Most of Bristol Rovers best chances in the second half came from the left side between our wing back and centre back, but I didn't have the best view to work out exactly what was happening.

You can see he has learnt from playing at this level, at one point he ran into trouble and was bundled off the ball. His reaction was to put in a slide tackle from a prone position and win back possession. Alzate, Connelly and Webster, were the stand outs for me.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He started the game as right wing back, last night, which was a bit of a surprise as Ali J had been flagged as the try out man in this position. He looked composed in the first half and played himself out of trouble a few times. He made a few forays up the pitch drifting left a couple of times, when we were breaking and it was a clever little move on the left side of the area that found the space for the second goal, which he handed to Murray on a plate really. Most of Bristol Rovers best chances in the second half came from the left side between our wing back and centre back, but I didn't have the best view to work out exactly what was happening.

You can see he has learnt from playing at this level, at one point he ran into trouble and was bundled off the ball. His reaction was to put in a slide tackle from a prone position and win back possession. Alzate, Connelly and Webster, were the stand outs for me.

Thanks for the summary.
Re Webster what impressed you, he looked culpable on TV for the goal.

Alzate is great have been posting this since I first saw him in U23s after he joined from Orient.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Thanks for the summary.
Re Webster what impressed you, he looked culpable on TV for the goal.

Alzate is great have been posting this since I first saw him in U23s after he joined from Orient.

You probably had a better view of the goal than I did from the terrace. He looked comfortable on the ball, playing with either foot, was good in the air and a good communicator.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unlike many of our other promising youngsters he has had a full season of 'grown up' football at Swindon (a very successful season too) and looks ready to step up when called upon now.
Don't think he will replace either Stephens or Propper, but injuries and suspensions may well happen and he looks quite ready to be back up in those eventualities.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It's interesting that he was played at RWB. There's more likely to be a potential opening there, then there is in central midfield. Having that versatility won't do him any harm in getting a place in the 17.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Unlike many of our other promising youngsters he has had a full season of 'grown up' football at Swindon (a very successful season too) and looks ready to step up when called upon now.
Don't think he will replace either Stephens or Propper, but injuries and suspensions may well happen and he looks quite ready to be back up in those eventualities.

If he started the game at RWB, couldn’t he also replace Montoya?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sadly he missed the 2nd half of the season at Swindon with a back injury - but the main point stands : he's ready.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here