Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Belgium v Japan

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So according to the commentator, thats the first time in the World Cup since England vs Germany in 1970 that a team has come back from 2-0 down to win.

Really ?

REALLY ??

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So according to the commentator, thats the first time in the World Cup since England vs Germany in 1970 that a team has come back from 2-0 down to win.

Really ?

REALLY ??

First time in the knockout stages - that sounds about right to me

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Japan never feigned injury, held people in the box or appealed for VAR.
They will also learn how to ruin the game soon.
Sad but true.
If only the rest of the footballing countries copied them instead of them having to adopt the same dirty tricks to get on,

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Japan never feigned injury, held people in the box or appealed for VAR.

Apart from a little episode in a previous game where they tried to pretend the ball didn't cross the line for a goal. Although that was mainly Kawashima (the GK) who is a bit shit. Sportsmanship is still really important here, less so to the Brits these days I feel. If we somehow cheated our way to lifting that cup I don't think anyone would really care that much.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Really ?

REALLY ??

First time in the knockout stages - that sounds about right to me

The England 2 Germany 3 game mentioned above was in the QF but that was after extra time.

This is the first time a side has come from 2 goals down to win inside 90 mins, during the knock-out phase, since 1966 and the QF between Portual and North Korea. The North Koreans led 3-0 (inside 25 mins) against Portugal only to lose 5-3.

I think Peru vs Bulgaria in the 1970 group stages had Bulgaria throw away a 2-0 lead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here