Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Belgium v Japan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Routing for the land of the rising sun, one of my teams in the home sweepstake.

It will be a long night to penalties if they do progress

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I think Belgium have what it takes to lift the trophy but I'd love to see Japan progress.
They obviously don't have much height in the box so playing through Belgium's defence is going to be hard work for them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did Fellani's hair manage to get a game but the man in question didn't?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This game is soooooooo boring!

I'm actually enjoying it. Japan's defence has been pretty solid so far, they're certainly making Belgium work for it.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Charles de Gaulle (courtois) nearly made a howler there...hehe

A few more decent attempts on goal wouldn't go amiss.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This could be a major upset. Belgium clearly better than Japan in every position (except keeper? :smile:), but Japan look good on the break. Their forwards are surprisingly strong with their backs to goal, and Inui is quite the player...

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Nine changes and the game after they look shite. Surprise surprise.
That'll be us tomorrow night but I wouldn't be surprised if we're two down by half time.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
This could be a major upset. Belgium clearly better than Japan in every position (except keeper? :smile:), but Japan look good on the break. Their forwards are surprisingly strong with their backs to goal, and Inui is quite the player...

I definitely think the way they'll score is on the counter, they're pretty rapid when they want to be.
Defensively they're a bit like us I feel, some lucky lunges and people throwing themselves in the way.

allystrat

Dec 19, 2011
Once again, pundits advocating going over in the penalty area because of the merest touch. Keown, Lineker, Ferdinand..shame on you. Sick of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here