Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brighton beach big screen World Cup viewing

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The queue for the (one) bar before the Belgium game made the kiosks at Falmer seem like express boarding for a flight to the Bermuda Triangle. Therefore lots of drunk lads drinking two beers at a time, ensuing atmosphere was a bit special.

Edit: the security's a bit nuts as well this year. Admittedly we are exceptionally awkward and highly dubious-looking but I thought checking inside my mate's fag packet was a bit over-zealous

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
The queue for the (one) bar before the Belgium game made the kiosks at Falmer seem like express boarding for a flight to the Bermuda Triangle. Therefore lots of drunk lads drinking two beers at a time, ensuing atmosphere was a bit special.

Edit: the security's a bit nuts as well this year. Admittedly we are exceptionally awkward and highly dubious-looking but I thought checking inside my mate's fag packet was a bit over-zealous

Is it just for the England games or all games? Apologies I’ve been away the last two weeks.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Went for the France v Argentina game. Quite enjoyed it. The Luna ‘shop’ also sells cans of Stella at £3.50 if the bar queues are too long

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
FC2C1728-BD61-408F-A10D-CA1F80FE5052.png

Cracking atmosphere.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Local man who set up the original big screens with great feedback got usurped by national corporate supplier who immediately hike the price up from free to a fiver. **** that,hope it sinks and we get the old guy back.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Local man who set up the original big screens with great feedback got usurped by national corporate supplier who immediately hike the price up from free to a fiver. **** that,hope it sinks and we get the old guy back.

It's been almost completely empty most days, although there always seems to be a steady stream of people walking off after being told it's a fiver to get in. Don't need to be a Premier League Ready CEO to see it ain't a great business model

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

But he might have had cigarettes in there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But he might have had cigarettes in there.

I’ve seen smokers hide lighters in their fag packets. You could set something on fire with one of those.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve seen smokers hide lighters in their fag packets. You could set something on fire with one of those.

What about Swan Vestas sowed into the hem of your turn-ups on your Oxford bag trousers. Stay aler5 folks.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It's been almost completely empty most days, although there always seems to be a steady stream of people walking off after being told it's a fiver to get in. Don't need to be a Premier League Ready CEO to see it ain't a great business model

Was going to go this weekend to watch the Spain game but the fiver put me off when it had been free before. Shame as it had been good in previous years.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
If England beat Colombia I am looking to take my kids to see the game on the big screen, they are 11,11,13 & 15 - Would the Luna Beach one be suitable or too many idiots? What about the Marina one - good atmosphere? Can you take your own food and drink and chairs etc?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here