Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Mortimer and Whitehouse - gone fishing

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What make the programme so heart warming is, it is clearly unscripted and you get to see they have fears, worries ailments, heart aches and laughter just like everyone else in life, it could be me sat chatting with my best mate in a pub and that is something everyone can relate to. I sit down and watch it and forget about everything that is insignificant like work, money with a smile on my face waiting for Bob or Paul, to gently wind each other up chatting about what matters to a man of my age, health, family, death, and regret all with a gentle poignant warmness that makes you feel good.

I also feel sad sometimes watching it, knowing these two are national treasures and sometime in the future like us all will pass.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
What make the programme so heart warming is, it is clearly unscripted and you get to see they have fears, worries ailments, heart aches and laughter just like everyone else in life, it could be me sat chatting with my best mate in a pub and that is something everyone can relate to. I sit down and watch it and forget about everything that is insignificant like work, money with a smile on my face waiting for Bob or Paul, to gently wind each other up chatting about what matters to a man of my age, health, family, death, and regret all with a gentle poignant warmness that makes you feel good.

I also feel sad sometimes watching it, knowing these two are national treasures and sometime in the future like us all will pass.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.
It’s like you are actually there with two mates enjoying the banter and reacting along with them.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I find Bob Mortimer such a relatable guy he's no comedian but a great raconteur who doesn't seem to take as much care of his health as Paul Whitehouse dose, it's a lovley series of two friends chatting set amongst some wonderful country side one knows about fishing the other an excitable novice

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Don't forget the audiobook, rather good too. :thumbsup:

71wNwbPdddL.jpg

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Episode 4 on the Test, just delightful. Made me laugh and get summat in my eye at the same time.

and AWAY......

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I find Bob Mortimer such a relatable guy he's no comedian but a great raconteur who doesn't seem to take as much care of his health as Paul Whitehouse dose, it's a lovley series of two friends chatting set amongst some wonderful country side one knows about fishing the other an excitable novice

Are you kidding me? "No comedian". Have you watched the Big Night Out and others? One of the best comedians of the past 30 years. :mad:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Reminder alert:

Xmas Special Sunday 13th December 20:10 hrs BBC2

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Totally looking forward to this. Gone Fishing has been the best thing on TV for years (IMHO), especially for those of us in our middle ages :hilton:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes, it allows you to watch things again and again, when you like and without having to hunt for it.

This - and presumably why Sky keep offering increased storage capacity boxes. I’ve got a ton of stuff stored that I regularly stick on, including programmes that have since dropped off Iplayer/ITV Hub etc.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

How do you define comedian. Someone who tells jokes he probably isn’t. Somebody who is enormously funny, then yes

Some of his stuff as a raconteur on Would I Lie to You is fall off the chair funny........ the one about doing his own dentistry was the best!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here