Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bobby Moore: Hero

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If anyone is at a loose end then I'd heartily recommend watching this, our greatest ever player, the greatest ever footballing gentleman. Fought off testicular cancer before lifting the World Cup in 1966,

And if you end up crying when watching it, you won't be the first.

In a society where words such as legend and hero are thrown about with abandon, this was a man we can unite in our pride of being one of England's greatest.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If anyone is at a loose end then I'd heartily recommend watching this, our greatest ever player, the greatest ever footballing gentleman. Fought off testicular cancer before lifting the World Cup in 1966,

In a society where words such as legend and hero are thrown about with abandon, this was a man we can unite in our pride of being one of England's greatest.

One of the genuine pro's of that era, you got what you saw with him :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why was he never invited to become a proper pundit? It seemed to me that he was ignored. He was paid **** all as a player and could have benefitted from a sinecure. Consider some of the lads now who steal a living. Back then you had stuffed shirts (managers mostly) in the studio talking bolllocks. Bit of a disgrace stroller didn't get much of a sniff, if you ask me.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why was he never invited to become a proper pundit? It seemed to me that he was ignored. He was paid **** all as a player and could have benefitted from a sinecure. Consider some of the lads now who steal a living. Back then you had stuffed shirts (managers mostly) in the studio talking bolllocks. Bit of a disgrace stroller didn't get much of a sniff, if you ask me.

I don't remember there being pundits before he died.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't remember there being pundits before he died.

Studio guests, then. Paddy Crerand. Don Revie. Brian Clough. Jimmy Hill and Des Lynam did not present MOTD alone......

Maybe I'm being unfair but I got the impression Moore was overlooked. I seem to remember Alan Ball's squeeky voice all over the place.

1993 he died.....'modern era' by then....

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Studio guests, then. Paddy Crerand. Don Revie. Brian Clough. Jimmy Hill and Des Lynam did not present MOTD alone......

Maybe I'm being unfair but I got the impression Moore was overlooked. I seem to remember Alan Ball's squeeky voice all over the place.

1993 he died.....'modern era' by then....

I seem to recall Bobby Moore doing live commentary on a West Ham match literally days before he passed away. Proper Pro...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

From an era where genuine living legends, unless they came from the right side of the tracks, were overlooked. Look at Ramsey’s sad ending. Stein and Shankly, incredible man managers and charismatic leaders, would get wider recognition now.

The trendiness of football, first picked up from the Blair government onwards, has finally seen given recognition to sporting heroes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I’d put him and Bobby Charlton in the category of the greatest sportsmen and role models for their sport that this country has ever produced.

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney

Thanks for that so glad i watch it and cried my heart out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here