Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tomer Hemed

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have I missed something whilst I've been largely ignoring Albion things over the last 7 or 8 weeks - he is still our player, right?

Just wondering why, when players have reported back for pre-season training, he still seems to be sunning himself in Israel.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The international friendly players at end of last season - pröpper, Hemed, Kayal and Duffy if hadn’t had had his op - all get a few extra days off.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Didn’t he play for Israel? He might have been given a longer break? Although I see Duffy is back despite playing for Ireland but that could be related to his op

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Contracted 1 more season.

Like Propper and Kayal he doesn't report back as early, as his summer break started later.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Am I alone in thinking after all this Tomer might still end up here at Brighton? The other option would be part exchange with Liam Moore?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Am I alone in thinking after all this Tomer might still end up here at Brighton? The other option would be part exchange with Liam Moore?
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays based on his last interview in the press ( I don't have a link or the will to trawl for it ) about him wanting to fight for his place. He seemed a lot less disgruntled than previously when he expressed mild regret about signing his contract extension.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays based on his last interview in the press ( I don't have a link or the will to trawl for it ) about him wanting to fight for his place. He seemed a lot less disgruntled than previously.

Maybe the gossip is true about Locadia and he thinks he is ahead of him in the pecking order, no telling how long Andone will take to settle, Leo gone and with a good preseason he could be looking at being 2nd choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I wouldn't be surprised if he stays based on his last interview in the press ( I don't have a link or the will to trawl for it ) about him wanting to fight for his place. He seemed a lot less disgruntled than previously.
Perhaps that signals no more transfer activity in the forward line, he is already behind Murray, Adone, Locdia and possibly Baldock. He may have settled to fight for his place against that lot but another top signing would surely signal his move elsewhere?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps that signals no more transfer activity in the forward line, he is already behind Murray, Adone, Locdia and possibly Baldock. He may have settled to fight for his place against that lot but another top signing would surely signal his move elsewhere?
Yes, that sounds right.

We have 2 spare non-HGP slots currently ( assuming Towell isn't taking 1 of them ).

If we bring in more than 2 non-HGPs then we are looking at Skalak and then Hemed freeing up spaces.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will go to Reading as part of a deal for Moore perhaps (and the fact Tomer isn't back yet is what is holding this up).

Speculation, obviously :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
They all came back on 28th(yesterday) I think except the ones on International Duty in the World Cup

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
They all came back on 28th(yesterday) I think except the ones on International Duty in the World Cup

Sorry to correct you, but this is from the local Argus, today.

Balogun and fellow World Cup participants Mathew Ryan (Australia) and Jose Izquierdo (Colombia) will join in pre-season further down the line.

End-of-season internationals like Davy Propper (Netherlands) and Beram Kayal and Tomer Hemed (Israel) have also been granted extra-time off, while Republic of Ireland central defender Shane Duffy is recovering from groin surgery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here