Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Body fat

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you've got a little more fat than you need.

What happens to it? Does it stay put in your big belly, fat arse and chubby legs until you're old, or does your body ever recycle it - use it and replace it with newer, slightly less rancid fat?

This is what happens when there's no football

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If you eat healthily and exercise properly the body will eventually burn it, however it tends to gather in the places where it is most difficult to shift and exercise alone won’t work.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good question I await the answer.

My metabolism is ridiculous when exercising and so my fat must be recycled.

Perversely eating coconut fat may get rid of fatty deposits around the chubby body. The way the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) are digested helps boost metabolism and increase energy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If you eat healthily and exercise properly the body will eventually burn it
Yes I know. But what happens when you keep the same level of weight? You eat enough food to maintain your weight, so your body doesn't need to burn fat - or maybe it burns a little now and then, when you haven't eaten recently, and then when you eat, it puts some fat back.

But if it does that, does it use LIFO or FIFO?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Good question I await the answer.

My metabolism is ridiculous when exercising and so my fat must be recycled.

Perversely eating coconut fat may get rid of fatty deposits around the chubby body. The way the medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs) are digested helps boost metabolism and increase energy.

How many mgs would you say per day? Looking on Amazon, most seem to be 1000mg capsules.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Yes I know. But what happens when you keep the same level of weight? You eat enough food to maintain your weight, so your body doesn't need to burn fat - or maybe it burns a little now and then, when you haven't eaten recently, and then when you eat, it puts some fat back.

Hmm. Good question. I've no idea, but am going to guess "neither, ees complicated". Hope that helps.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

they say that all your cells regenerate and are replaced over time, some faster than others, so that after 7-8 years you are completely renewed. like Trigger's Broom. however i suspect that may be bobbins.

i'd hazard a guess its LIFO from general metabolism as the newer fat is more accessible, not behind layers of older fat.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How many mgs would you say per day? Looking on Amazon, most seem to be 1000mg capsules.
https://www.nhs.uk/news/food-and-diet/avoid-fads-and-stick-to-diet-guidelines-say-us-heart-experts/

You can use coconut oil to cook with, instead of an oil that's worse, but I'm not sure coconut oil is actually good for you.

https://heartuk.org.uk/latest-news/article/heart-uks-statement-on-coconut-oil

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then why did you reply about good and bad fats? I wasn't asking about those. I was asking what happens to the fat your body has stored, when you're not losing weight. Does it just sit there for years, or does it get recycled?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
i'd hazard a guess its LIFO from general metabolism as the newer fat is more accessible, not behind layers of older fat.

That presupposes that fat is deposited from, say, the body cavity. What if it is instead (at least in part) deposited directly from the blood stream through a venous wall, and thus builds up from the bottom, not added to from the top?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
All about diet. A lot harder now I'm nearing my 30's.

I used to train in the gym in my early 20's, 5/6 times a week. Ate really well and did cardio too. I was at about 7% in the peak of my training.

In my early teens I couldn't put on a pound. No matter how bad my lifestyle.

Now though, if I look at a donut I put on weight. I blame marriage and kids.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
they say that all your cells regenerate and are replaced over time, some faster than others, so that after 7-8 years you are completely renewed. like Trigger's Broom. however i suspect that may be bobbins.

Now that's how to answer a question.

It's got information from health professionals ('they say'), the best simile with my broom ever, and personal opinion on the former thrown into the mix.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes but there are good and bad fats
:glare:

That presupposes that fat is deposited from, say, the body cavity. What if it is instead (at least in part) deposited directly from the blood stream through a venous wall, and thus builds up from the bottom, not added to from the top?
From the bottom? So we have something like a tube of fat, and excess energy is converted to fat and pushed into the bottom, and then we use fat from the top when needed?

Ok :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here