Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone work at (or near) Heathrow T5? Or know it well?!

0 Not allowed!
    Long shot ask – but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can watch the England game at LHR T5 on Thursday night?

This is ARRIVALS side, unfortunately not in departures (where I'm sure there'll be bars with TVs etc).

I'm on a flight that lands at T5 at 6pm on Thursday, so by the time I'm through immigration etc it'll be pretty much bang-on kick-off time. I'd happily watch the game there before continuing my onward journey, but as far as I can remember all there is arrivals-side is the likes of Costa Coffee etc.
    "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Must be a WiFi you can link up with ? Then watch it on iPlayer or ITV Hub, whoevers covering it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I flew into Heathrow the day of the 2002 England v Argentina game. I just found the taxi rank and asked the driver to take me to the nearest pub. Can't remember where it was but I did get there a few minutes before England's penalty.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Must be a WiFi you can link up with ? Then watch it on iPlayer or ITV Hub, whoevers covering it.
      Airport wifi is usually on a par with dial-up connection speed though, so it'd be a gamble.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Google is your friend!

The George (land side) looks to even have Sky, according to one of the photos on Googlemaps, so am pretty sure it will have footie on terrestrial.

1 Not allowed!
      I think there is a pub before the security checks in Departures. You would just need to take lift up to Departures after you have cleared passport control and customs.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by chimneys View Post
      Google is your friend!

The George (land side) looks to even have Sky, according to one of the photos on Googlemaps, so am pretty sure it will have footie on terrestrial.
      Quote Originally Posted by cheshunt seagull View Post
      I think there is a pub before the security checks in Departures. You would just need to take lift up to Departures after you have cleared passport control and customs.
      Great thanks – that sounds like the answer! Much appreciated.

I had considered wifi on a laptop as a last resort, as it's likely to be ropey at best (and seriously lacking in atmosphere!).
      "These were, I have to say, quite easily the ugliest people I have ever seen in my life, and I've been to Selhurst Park when Crystal Palace are at home."

Charlie Connelly, 'Attention All Shipping: a Journey round the Shipping Forecast'; published by Abacus Books, 2004, page 94.

0 Not allowed!
      Alternatively there is the Sofitel Hotel at T5 connected via a walkway. I am sure the bar there will have it on.
      "Is that an Afghan melon?"

0 Not allowed!
      Fairly sure that the Crown Rivers pub after security (it is a Spoons) will show it on the TVs in there. They have shown Wimbledon before as well as having Johnny English on permanent loop.
      She’s the main man in the office in the city
      And she treats me like I’m just another lackey
      But I can put a tennis racket up against my face
      And pretend that I am Kendo Nagasaki
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by bhafc99 View Post
      Long shot ask – but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can watch the England game at LHR T5 on Thursday night?

This is ARRIVALS side, unfortunately not in departures (where I'm sure there'll be bars with TVs etc).

I'm on a flight that lands at T5 at 6pm on Thursday, so by the time I'm through immigration etc it'll be pretty much bang-on kick-off time. I'd happily watch the game there before continuing my onward journey, but as far as I can remember all there is arrivals-side is the likes of Costa Coffee etc.
      I've used this before

huxleys-restaurant-&-bar

map