Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Anyone work at (or near) Heathrow T5? Or know it well?!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Long shot ask – but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can watch the England game at LHR T5 on Thursday night?

This is ARRIVALS side, unfortunately not in departures (where I'm sure there'll be bars with TVs etc).

I'm on a flight that lands at T5 at 6pm on Thursday, so by the time I'm through immigration etc it'll be pretty much bang-on kick-off time. I'd happily watch the game there before continuing my onward journey, but as far as I can remember all there is arrivals-side is the likes of Costa Coffee etc.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must be a WiFi you can link up with ? Then watch it on iPlayer or ITV Hub, whoevers covering it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I flew into Heathrow the day of the 2002 England v Argentina game. I just found the taxi rank and asked the driver to take me to the nearest pub. Can't remember where it was but I did get there a few minutes before England's penalty.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Must be a WiFi you can link up with ? Then watch it on iPlayer or ITV Hub, whoevers covering it.

Airport wifi is usually on a par with dial-up connection speed though, so it'd be a gamble.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Google is your friend!

The George (land side) looks to even have Sky, according to one of the photos on Googlemaps, so am pretty sure it will have footie on terrestrial.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I think there is a pub before the security checks in Departures. You would just need to take lift up to Departures after you have cleared passport control and customs.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Google is your friend!

The George (land side) looks to even have Sky, according to one of the photos on Googlemaps, so am pretty sure it will have footie on terrestrial.

I think there is a pub before the security checks in Departures. You would just need to take lift up to Departures after you have cleared passport control and customs.

Great thanks – that sounds like the answer! Much appreciated.

I had considered wifi on a laptop as a last resort, as it's likely to be ropey at best (and seriously lacking in atmosphere!).

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Alternatively there is the Sofitel Hotel at T5 connected via a walkway. I am sure the bar there will have it on.

Jul 7, 2003
Fairly sure that the Crown Rivers pub after security (it is a Spoons) will show it on the TVs in there. They have shown Wimbledon before as well as having Johnny English on permanent loop.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Long shot ask – but does anyone know if there's anywhere I can watch the England game at LHR T5 on Thursday night?

This is ARRIVALS side, unfortunately not in departures (where I'm sure there'll be bars with TVs etc).

I'm on a flight that lands at T5 at 6pm on Thursday, so by the time I'm through immigration etc it'll be pretty much bang-on kick-off time. I'd happily watch the game there before continuing my onward journey, but as far as I can remember all there is arrivals-side is the likes of Costa Coffee etc.

I've used this before :thumbsup:

huxleys-restaurant-&-bar

map

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
There are some Samsung TVs at some of the departure gates seating areas that usually show BBC news24. I guess these could be switched to show the football?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here