Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Suggestions for Cafe Bar Church Road area

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
My brethren

I will be coming down to the coast on Saturday week with my wife and some buddies. Will be arriving by train and rather than endure Queens Road and West Street we want to slide in to Hove and make our way down to the front.

Any suggestion for a nice café/bar with pavement seating to enjoy a light lunch?

Thanks.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The pavement seating part might be hard to fulfill but on Second Avenue near junction with Church Rd is Libation and La Fourchette opposite each other which both have outside space. No pavement seating but Cafe Malbec is often frequented by Albion players.

Link to streetview:

https://goo.gl/maps/DE5uf54Uier

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Any suggestion for a nice café/bar with pavement seating to enjoy a light lunch?
Since you want pavement seating, I think you're best choosing yourself, based on how it looks on the day. Walk from the station down George St and see if anything there takes your fancy (Ernest will be having a quick ciggy outside Wetherspoon's - you can give him a respectful nod, but resist his gestures for you to join him), then turn left at the bottom and see what's on Church rd within the next 500m.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
My brethren

I will be coming down to the coast on Saturday week with my wife and some buddies. Will be arriving by train and rather than endure Queens Road and West Street we want to slide in to Hove and make our way down to the front.

Thanks.

Mrs G and I had brunch in Modelo Lounge a few weeks ago and were very impressed with it: reasonable prices, good service and good coffee. Outside seating is a bit limited though but I think most places around there don't have big terrace areas

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mrs G and I had brunch in Modelo Lounge a few weeks ago and were very impressed with it
I've eaten there several times, it's always quite nice. But never outside. I think I'd rather George St if I wanted to sit outside.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I think you have made a very wise choice avoiding that whole Brighton queens road / west street area, it’s dirty , tacky and full or either beggars or teenagers from language schools.

You are fortunate that Church Road in more civilised Hove has a wide range of nice coffee shops, brassieres and restaurants and you are a 2 min walk to the nicest part of the seafront by Hove lawns:

There is so much choice in that area- drury ; treacle and ginger, Richards , ginger pig, Connaught , shandiz , Otello , barcode , modelo lounge , fourth and church , lationoamerica , fatto Mano, Nantais bistro , Ganges , etch , 7bone , baked etc The choice is endless .

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Cheers one and all. All very good suggestion which will make for a great day out.

Slightly altering the subject now. But we intend to meander along the prom into town and have been recommended the Walrus for its roof terrace/garden.

Thoughts on the Walrus?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure they have pavement seating but Divino's have a very nice outside area and a decent enough menu.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Cheers one and all. All very good suggestion which will make for a great day out.

Slightly altering the subject now. But we intend to meander along the prom into town and have been recommended the Walrus for its roof terrace/garden.

Thoughts on the Walrus?

Didn't realise it had one, I have only been there once since it changed from Smugglers and the inside was pleasent and a decent atmosphere on a friday night.

As for garden/beer terrace I didnt know it had one, Surely there is no better place to go than Brighton Music Libeary on the seafront on Saturday afternoon, watch the weirdos go bye and listen to some cover band from BIMM smash out the classics.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think you have made a very wise choice avoiding that whole Brighton queens road / west street area, it’s dirty , tacky and full or either beggars or teenagers from language schools.

You are fortunate that Church Road in more civilised Hove has a wide range of nice coffee shops, brassieres and restaurants and you are a 2 min walk to the nicest part of the seafront by Hove lawns:

There is so much choice in that area- drury ; treacle and ginger, Richards , ginger pig, Connaught , shandiz , Otello , barcode , modelo lounge , fourth and church , lationoamerica , fatto Mano, Nantais bistro , Ganges , etch , 7bone , baked etc The choice is endless .

It’s crazy how this area has changed over the past years. When I first moved into this area 15 years back it was very different; it’s a proper night time destination now.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now. I’d start the afternoon with tea and cake in Treacle, pop down to the seafront to look out to sea, maybe sneak a pint in The Neptune. Head to Bison Beer and finish off the night in The Ganges. That’s a good day out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here