Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Antwerp

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Just booked a break in Antwerp for December. Apart from the ubiquitous Christmas markets do any fellow NSCers have any tips for what to do and see (already signed up for a Beer walk).

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
Just booked a break in Antwerp for December. Apart from the ubiquitous Christmas markets do any fellow NSCers have any tips for what to do and see (already signed up for a Beer walk).

Was there over Easter. Enjoyed it much more than expected! Cool relaxed atmosphere, great architecture and museums. MAS is a must.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Die Konninck Brewery.

To be honest it's a lovely little town, loads of shops to keep the women happy and nunerous pleasant bars, it's quite an easy city to just walk round in and find things to do.

The train station is surprisingly stunning.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
And one of the best - in a quirky sense beer bars - in the world. They stock about 400. ....... Kulminator.
They have an old wooden escalator that runs under the river (it doesn’t really take you to anything) but it dates back to the 30’s.

Paters Vaetje By the cathedral and Den Engel are definates if you like to have the odd sip.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And one of the best - in a quirky sense beer bars - in the world. They stock about 400. ....... Kulminator.
They have an old wooden escalator that runs under the river (it doesn’t really take you to anything) but it dates back to the 30’s.

Paters Vaetje By the cathedral and Den Engel are definates if you like to have the odd sip.

I’ll second Kulminator. Billies is also a great bar for craft. https://www.facebook.com/billiesbierkafetaria/

It’s a lovely and very underrated city imho.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
Are you planning to drive there? If so you need to register your car to see if you are able to drive in the low emission zone.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Are you planning to drive there? If so you need to register your car to see if you are able to drive in the low emission zone.

Thanks for the tip, we're lucky to have a direct train so we'll be taking that.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
We had a great rugby tour there.... good sing song, great red light street, very lively window style offerings.....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here