Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Well Done Toby Carvery

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Armed Forces Day 2018: Free carvery or breakfast for all personnel
It’s Armed Forces Day on Saturday 30th June, and to celebrate the bravery of these heroes, we’re showing our support and gratitude for each of our amazing military personnel.

We’ll be serving a delicious, free carvery meal or breakfast to all military personnel. This offer applies to all members of the British Army, Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, including serving troops, reserves, veterans and cadets.

We greatly admire our Armed Forces, and we’ve also teamed up with The Royal British Legion as our official charity partner. Each time we sell a Jam and Coconut Sponge pudding, we donate 25p to The Royal British Legion. Now there’s a perfect excuse to order a pudding!

A booking isn’t required for this offer, but wouldn’t want to miss out, would you?

Can’t make it for a carvery? How about a free breakfast?
If you can’t make it in for a roast dinner, don’t worry. Just come in earlier and tuck into a Great British Breakfast, on us. We’ve always got plenty to offer such as; Bacon, Pork Sausages, Free Range Eggs, Baked Beans, and even breakfast Yorkies and Gravy! We’ve also got a lovely range of lighter options to kick start a great day.

To take advantage of this offer, all you need to do is simply download/print your voucher and show it when you order a roast (or alternative main meal), or a breakfast on the 30th June, along with military ID or a Defence Privilege Card*.

https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/armed-forces#

What a great gesture from Toby*Carvery, well done.

el punal

What a marvellous gesture, and well done the boys and girls in khaki and two shades of blue!

Speaking of Armed Forces Day (30th June) to recognise our services reminds me, and please forgive my indulgence, of my late Dad’s own “special” day. This being the 18th December, which was the anniversary of him being shot down by enemy aircraft while flying on bombing ops in 1941. He always maintained that his parachute saved his life that day.

From that moment onwards, apart from being held as a POW to the end of the war, he always celebrated that day every year without fail. The celebration consisted of being collected by his pals and taken to the local pub at opening time, drinking copious amounts of all sorts of alcohol, chatting about all things military, and then being deposited back home in a considerably worse state than when setting out.

Thoroughly deserved I say, and thoroughly deserved those celebrating this coming Saturday. :bowdown:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Armed Forces Day 2018: Free carvery or breakfast for all personnel
It’s Armed Forces Day on Saturday 30th June, and to celebrate the bravery of these heroes, we’re showing our support and gratitude for each of our amazing military personnel.

We’ll be serving a delicious, free carvery meal or breakfast to all military personnel. This offer applies to all members of the British Army, Royal Navy and the Royal Air Force, including serving troops, reserves, veterans and cadets.

We greatly admire our Armed Forces, and we’ve also teamed up with The Royal British Legion as our official charity partner. Each time we sell a Jam and Coconut Sponge pudding, we donate 25p to The Royal British Legion. Now there’s a perfect excuse to order a pudding!

A booking isn’t required for this offer, but wouldn’t want to miss out, would you?

Can’t make it for a carvery? How about a free breakfast?
If you can’t make it in for a roast dinner, don’t worry. Just come in earlier and tuck into a Great British Breakfast, on us. We’ve always got plenty to offer such as; Bacon, Pork Sausages, Free Range Eggs, Baked Beans, and even breakfast Yorkies and Gravy! We’ve also got a lovely range of lighter options to kick start a great day.

To take advantage of this offer, all you need to do is simply download/print your voucher and show it when you order a roast (or alternative main meal), or a breakfast on the 30th June, along with military ID or a Defence Privilege Card*.

https://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/armed-forces#

What a great gesture from Toby*Carvery, well done.

Great gesture from Toby carvery - just a Shame the food is so awful ...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Seems to me they are a bunch of racist brexiteers,I’ll bet my offended eyes they won’t be making this offer to the returning Jihadis..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think they (& Stone house Pizza) did this last year as well - great idea & gesture on their part.

They did. Stonehouse also take the Defence Discount card so I can get a discount on every meal I buy there regardless of the date.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Toby and Stonehouse are both pubco Mitchells and Butlers brands. Look out for similar offers at Harvester, Sizzling Pubs, All Bar One and Browns maybe, Not sure O’Neill’s will though.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Having eaten at a Toby recently I see this as more of an insult .

Disgusting food

But it’s the thought that counts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Whilst i applaud the gesture, i guess they are counting on the serving members not dining alone, or solely with other members of the forces. I bet a carvery manager would be right pissed off if an entire garrison turned up with no friends/family.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Whilst i applaud the gesture, i guess they are counting on the serving members not dining alone, or solely with other members of the forces. I bet a carvery manager would be right pissed off if an entire garrison turned up with no friends/family.

Must be bracing themselves in the Colchester and Aldershot branches !!

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
What is a Defence Privilege card?

34d93f095fe893bb21f30e9c34ea9999.jpg

£5.00 I think it was for 5 years

Get loads of discounted stuff

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills