Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] HMS Sussex

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Does anyone have or know of any pictures or drawings of the HMS Sussex Circa 1600-1700? I am looking for a ship for a tattoo and I like the idea of getting the HMS Sussex, the only ones I can find are this one

HMS+Sussex.jpg

and another painting on an andalucia website which it wont let me copy for some reason.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other works featuring this ship.

NB. Not looking for metal HMS Sussex pics, just wooden ones! :smile:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
blue-peter-badge-3d-model-stl.jpg

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Does anyone have or know of any pictures or drawings of the HMS Sussex Circa 1600-1700? I am looking for a ship for a tattoo and I like the idea of getting the HMS Sussex, the only ones I can find are this one

View attachment 98033

and another painting on an andalucia website which it wont let me copy for some reason.

Just wondering if anyone knows of any other works featuring this ship.

NB. Not looking for metal HMS Sussex pics, just wooden ones! :smile:
would this do

Attachments

• imagesCAHO095M.jpg
    imagesCAHO095M.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 684

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
would this do

That is pretty decent to get the scale in and stuff, I’m kind of after an ‘action shot’ if you know what I mean? Like through some deep waves. It’s a good start though thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I opened this thread expecting to see something about the RNR unit, that used to be at the King Alfred (now a car park) and at Shoreham harbour. I was part of that, until I joined up ful time.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
I opened this thread expecting to see something about the RNR unit, that used to be at the King Alfred (now a car park) and at Shoreham harbour. I was part of that, until I joined up ful time.

Oh right, sorry to let you down haha I’m sure I’ve spoken to you before about the Navy but what was your experience like? Did you enjoy it? I have my fitness test on Friday and all going well I should have my joining date fairly soon, quite looking forward to it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Oh right, sorry to let you down haha I’m sure I’ve spoken to you before about the Navy but what was your experience like? Did you enjoy it? I have my fitness test on Friday and all going well I should have my joining date fairly soon, quite looking forward to it.

Yes, I loved my time in the Navy, but it was a doddle compared to what they have to do now. I would've loved to have served at sea, but in the 60s, it wasn't allowed.
You do get a fair bit of bureaucracy, which is a pain, but the mates you make, stay with you for life.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, I loved my time in the Navy, but it was a doddle compared to what they have to do now. I would've loved to have served at sea, but in the 60s, it wasn't allowed.
You do get a fair bit of bureaucracy, which is a pain, but the mates you make, stay with you for life.

I heard you stacked blankets :wink:

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
Aren't all tattoos supposed to be shit? I think there's a thread on here full of dullards belittling those with tattoos.

Haha yeah, fortunately for husty, he doesn’t have to wear it, or look at it for that matter, so I’m not too bothered whether he thinks it’ll be shit or not [emoji846]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here