Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fenerbahce are showing an interest in Brighton forward Jurgen Locadia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't really agree, it wouldn't amaze me if something like this did happen. To me it will depend on what the player wants. If decides he wants the move then, I think the club, in a similar way to Knocky will sanction it, given the fierce competition for places in his position.

So you wouldn't be amazed if a player who has:-

Started most pre season games.
Started the opening game of the season.
Has had praise heaped upon him from his new manager.

Would leave the Premier League for a footballing backward like Greece.

Is your name Hector Projector?

Not only that though would be sanctioned by the club knowing it is removing a player from it's 25 man squad with absolutely no way to replace him.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I don't really agree, it wouldn't amaze me if something like this did happen. To me it will depend on what the player wants. If decides he wants the move then, I think the club, in a similar way to Knocky will sanction it, given the fierce competition for places in his position.

What players make up this fierce competition for strikers in our team?

when you're playing 2 up top, you should have a minimum of 4 strikers in your match day squad. We have 4 centre forwards, any less would be a risk.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Burn looked decent for the little we go to see of him last season

He played in 3 (three) games last season, and one of those was the WBA FA cup home tie - Nobody, absolutely nobody, even remembers that game!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I suppose it's that although Jurgen has been generally underwhelming, he's been far less underwhelming than Ali J.

Not a lot in it, thoughtBig Jurg has done well during pre-season and was okay vs Watford.

AJ has been distinctly ordinary throughout.

Burn looked like a disaster waiting to happen for me, and still does to a certain extent, however no-one can deny he was outstanding last weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
We would do well to get £8m back for him. Absolute catastrophe of a signing.

Only a catastrophe under CH as he played all strikers as secondary central defenders and fined them for breaking the halfway line. Now we are not playing 0-0-11 defensive formation they can show their real worth.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not a lot in it, thoughtBig Jurg has done well during pre-season and was okay vs Watford.

AJ has been distinctly ordinary throughout.

Burn looked like a disaster waiting to happen for me, and still does to a certain extent, however no-one can deny he was outstanding last weekend.

Burn is better than Duffy tbh.

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
So you wouldn't be amazed if a player who has:-

Started most pre season games.
Started the opening game of the season.
Has had praise heaped upon him from his new manager.

Would leave the Premier League for a footballing backward like Greece.

Is your name Hector Projector?

Not only that though would be sanctioned by the club knowing it is removing a player from it's 25 man squad with absolutely no way to replace him.
Can't you sign out of contract players? I hear Wilf Bonys available :)

Greece is a footballing backwater.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So how come big Jurg can have a renaissance after a couple of seasons but that opportunity isn't available to Ali, who has had considerably less time to adapt?

Locadia has had less than a season and a half, and although he’s not been great, he has at least chipped in with a few useful goals in both the league and cup. Ali J’s highlight has been a shot that hit the crossbar against Huddersfield.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Locadia has had less than a season and a half, and although he’s not been great, he has at least chipped in with a few useful goals in both the league and cup. Ali J’s highlight has been a shot that hit the crossbar against Huddersfield.

I'd say AJ has shown great footballing ability whenever he's played, there is much missing at present in terms of suitability in this league but I'm confident that by the end of the season folk on here will be eating their pants.

Locadia showed quite the opposite previously (Southampton away and his little tumble ffs) but he's looking decent now and I think he'll have a great season.

Maybe its the pipe I've just had, maybe I'm right, who knows - enjoy the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here