Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] So where the hell is the BBC virtual reality app?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I found it under BBC Sport VR in the App Store.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
On my Android it was in the Google App Store under the name BBC Sport VR FIFA World Cup

Thanks. I wonder if it will dawn on some overpaid and undertalented BBC employee that this info belongs primarily on the iPlayer site.
Home Bargains do have a 99p cardboard viewer but there's a 12 stage assembly process (not mentioned on the packaging). However, the tabs are so poorly cut that they will not go into the slots, rendering the whole thing useless unless you resort to sellotape (which you'd have to tear off to retrieve your phone!) So, I chose 'phone' over 'cardboard' on the preference only to be told I now have to download Google Cardboard! Totally frustrated about the whole thing so didn't bother, not least because I'm running out of room on the phone. I suppose it can't be be that good as people would be raving about it.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Whatever that is! I didn't say it didn't work, just that it's too much hassle filling in their information gaps. So you can only get it by downloading two apps? Do you have to have a physical viewer or is that just to block out the light (meaning you wouldn't need one in the dark)?
I would imagine you need a headset, I've seen it mentioned for the Oculus Go, PSVR and Samsung Gear VR (which I think you use with a Samsung phone), in all of which cases you just download the BBC World Cup VR app from the relevant app store.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here