Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we watching a parallel universe World Cup?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
You seem to have confused quality with entertainment value. A Benitez/Mourinho borefest is much higher in quality than a League Two play off semi with end to end drama. I think the games have been very entertaining.
Let me be clear to avoid confusion. It is my belief that both entertainment and high quality have been largely missing for this world cup. It has been largely poor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Let me be clear to avoid confusion. It is my belief that both entertainment and high quality have been largely missing for this world cup. It has been largely poor.

Fair enough. I think it’s been incredibly dramatic. Not a single 0-0 yet. A nice amount of upsets. Big penalty decisions. Great goals. Way ahead of 2010 and 2014 already for me.

But all opinions.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Fair enough. I think it’s been incredibly dramatic. Not a single 0-0 yet. A nice amount of upsets. Big penalty decisions. Great goals. Way ahead of 2010 and 2014 already for me.

But all opinions.

Thanks for the very reasonable response! I have perhaps been unlucky, for instance i couldn't see the Spain Vs Portugal game which was very good, as last weekend I took my son to a uni day.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

But all opinions.

Agreed! It's been a great world cup so far. A lot of upsets, a lot of drama and injury time drama, a lot of intriguing fixtures, and even the farce that is VAR is at least entertaining. The quality is broadly the same every tournament, I just think people forget because we're spoilt by the premier league. Anyhow I think there's been a lot of quality on show so far in many of the games - even England! (Apart from our finishing)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
A good World Cup so far. I'd like to see a few more of the favourites lose a game and maybe Germany to finish their group without scoring a goal.

Nobody has looked excellent which makes it exciting, if it was all predictable then it wouldn't be as enjoyable

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not getting ahead of myself.............. :) Just putting my predictions into my Predictor, and I think we can get to the final, but we need to finish 2nd in our group.
If we finish 2nd
Ro16 play Columbia
Qtrs play Mexico
Semi play Croatia
Final play Brazil

This assumes Germany finish 2nd in group, and that Brazil beats Germany. If Germany beat Brazil, could be a Eng Brazil Final. Assuming Eng and Belgium win our games tomorrow, it sets up Thursday night. Both teams wanting to lose?

If we finish 1st
Ro16 play Japan
Qtrs play Brazil
Semis play France
Final play Croatia

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here