Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] £14m player signng on fee

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Emre Can will join Juventus on 1 July on 'a Bosman' and is to receive £14m as a signing on fee.

Current pro footballers are so lucky. Riches beyond the wildest dreams of virtually any one.

IMG_2675.PNG

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I don't think my conscience could cope with that sort of money.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
They don't earn anything near Royal family members, bankers, oil merchants and Russian London property owners.

Footballers seem to be the scapegoats of the overpaid.
Not sure about the royal family members as that's a different debate entirely but, yes.

The majority of the richest people in the world are rich from inherited money, ripping off their own country's wealth by being dodgy or both. They are billionaires and they give zero to us plebs

Football players earning a few million is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of undeserved wealth.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Not sure about the royal family members as that's a different debate entirely but, yes.

The majority of the richest people in the world are rich from inherited money, ripping off their own country's wealth by being dodgy or both. They are billionaires and they give zero to us plebs

Football players earning a few million is neither here nor there in the grand scheme of undeserved wealth.

The one thing I do think it's time for in football, make all earnings confidential. It's only causing a negative effect with the fans every time they read about another 200k pw wage offer. This growing divide between the fans and players is basically down to us knowing how much footballers earn. Players are now judged on what they earn as much as ability. This is how the U.S media covers American sport. Sadly, it looks like we're taking the same route.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Might have taken a lower weekly wage than was on offer elsewhere but a larger up front payment.

Good player too especially when first came to Liverpool but seemed to slip lately perhaps due to speculation over his future.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Hey come on now, i have heard about trickle down economics.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
They don't earn anything near Royal family members, bankers, oil merchants and Russian London property owners.

Footballers seem to be the scapegoats of the overpaid.

Strange comparisons. Tennis players, pop stars, tv celebrities, film stars some of whom haven't got an ounce of talent, but just happen to have good looks.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
These things are nothing new and like the Bosman ruling which totally changed the Transfer Market 25 years ago, I have the feeling that in the next 5 years, the Transfer market will change dramatically again.

These players walking out on existing contracts in Portugal could spark another European Ruling Case Law. If the Clubs take the step to challenge them in the courts and demand a fee or compensation from the players or their new clubs. Potentially if they lose, it would be the first step towards the end of Transfer Fees in their current format.

Sport and Football in particular is the last Bastion of ''Legally Slavery'' where humans and their labour are sold on the Open Market for a fee. People claim that football is different than any other type of job and that these transfer fees help small clubs who sell on players to survive; however to my mind ''why should it be'' ? - What gives football the right to sell another human being and their labour.

I am looking on with baited breath on this one because I for one want to see transfer fees abolished altogether because I think they restrict peoples Human Rights - A player should be allowed to move from one club to another anytime he wants if another club wants to sign him.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I am looking on with baited breath on this one because I for one want to see transfer fees abolished altogether because I think they restrict peoples Human Rights - A player should be allowed to move from one club to another anytime he wants if another club wants to sign him.

Any persons who actually believes that a footballers 'Human Rights' are relevant to this have literally ZERO respect from me! Seriously, this is in jest right?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Any persons who actually believes that a footballers 'Human Rights' are relevant to this have literally ZERO respect from me! Seriously, this is in jest right?

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Not all footballers are earning Millions of £s in the lower leagues and they are still tied to contracts they can't get out of without their employers approval. So NO it wasn't in jest

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seriously, this is in jest right?

Why? Noo has raised a vary valid point: thousands of people every year quit their job to go somewhere else but there's no suggestion of a transfer fee being paid. Football's out on a limb here and I do wonder how long that situation will last.

I can see football authorities laying down rules about how many clubs a player can join in a season but I too foresee the end of transfer fees at some point in the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here