Page 34 of 47 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by btnbelle View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats very sad. You make a good point about finding positive activities to boost confidence and hopefully promote a healthier lifestyle.
    it is very sad. if it were possible to ensure the substance quality and fund education of the more vulnerable, would you support it?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Don't legalise it. Educate.
      We have been educating people on this subject for over 50 years, how well has that worked?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BigGully View Post
      I was 14 years old, I walked into my comprehensive school toilets to see five mates rolling a spliff, they asked me if I wanted a puff, I wasn't interested I was into my sport they knew that so no peer pressure.

These guys were the first to have a cigarette, first to get drunk and certainly the first to be regular cannabis users, what could possibly go wrong eh ??

All were dead before they are 18 years old, all through drug misuse and at different times in different places.
      I have lost friends and family members to drugs too, being illegal didn't stop it happening. Legalising cannabis won't stop it happening, but it might slow the progression down.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rogersix View Post
      the irony is that the legal term for drugs is "controlled substances". controlled by criminals!
      legalisation would generate an awful lot of money for the treasury and criminal gangs would need to find alternative revenue streams.
      legalisation would pay for the increased education you call for and, fund the NHS to mitigate any negative effects.
      the savings made from unblocking the judicial and prison systems would also be significant.
      There is no way the government would make it legal for use for teenagers. The criminals will still target them. There are some problems that cannot be solved in society. The best way to reach people is with education and back it up with encouraging a positive lifestyle. It won't save everyone but nor will legalising it.

I agree the NHS needs to step up. When we use the term recreational use, it refers mainly to people who have mental health issues such as anxiety, stress and depression. I would not be against a tablet being given to such people derived from cannabis when taken under supervision of professions with the consent of the patient.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Educate yourself. Legalise it.
      I am educated. I just hold a different opinion to you.

0 Not allowed!
      it is very sad. if it were possible to ensure the substance quality and fund education of the more vulnerable, would you support it?
      In a medical use pill form for those with mental health problems, yes without a doubt. But no to smoking it. Is it that the problem is worse for teenagers with few interests and particularly those from poorer families. More education and after school clubs would be a great start.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by half time scores View Post
      We have been educating people on this subject for over 50 years, how well has that worked?
      We have been getting it wrong, time to adjust our education and look at boosting children's confidence and self esteem.

0 Not allowed!
      In a medical use pill form for those with mental health problems, yes without a doubt. But no to smoking it. Is it that the problem is worse for teenagers with few interests and particularly those from poorer families. More education and after school clubs would be a great start.
      what do you make of the link posted in @Notters post #312?

1 Not allowed!
      We have been getting it wrong, time to adjust our education and look at boosting children's confidence and self esteem.
      Very good point in which I fully agree, however would it not be prudent to control what is available to the yet to be educated?

0 Not allowed!
      what do you make of the link posted in @Notters post #312?
      I don't agree with Mr Lakeman at all. It is heartbreaking that so many children die to drugs. Legalisation won't solve the problem and sends the wrong message.