Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Sunderland humour at our expense!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Albion allegedly bidding for their keeper, Jason Steele.
Surely not :eek:

How on earth does something like this happen? Snap their hands off for sure, but it feels somehow cruel to allow the Seagulls to do this to themselves. Seemingly they arrived at the Stadium of Light recently, intent on securing midfielder Paddy McNair, but once a deal for the Northern Ireland international broke down, our southern chums decided to stay a while and see what else they could splash their cash on. But Jason Steele - really?

Wearside banter :lolol:

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I always feel a bit sorry for clubs, especially clubs like Sunderland when they are in such a bad way and the vultures decend and take all their players.
I know it's football and those players don't want to be there either but nevertheless for the fans it's 'orrible.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I always feel a bit sorry for clubs, especially clubs like Sunderland when they are in such a bad way and the vultures decend and take all their players.
I know it's football and those players don't want to be there either but nevertheless for the fans it's 'orrible.

Feck 'em, they were quick enough to pick our skeleton clean re: Johnny 'flying header' Byrne!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

If thats your comment in relation to this potential signing you maybe should watch him play last season. Him leaving will be one of the greatest thing the new owner has done, and that is after managing to agree taking on the club without any debt.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Maybe they should look inward at Sunderland. Players seem to go there with Big Reputations and Big Fees but tend to exit the place with Reputations in Tatters. I don't know how good he is but part of a Goalkeeper Ability is based on confidence and if the people in front of you are lazy and shit you don't stand a chance of building confidence

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Maybe they should look inward at Sunderland. Players seem to go there with Big Reputations and Big Fees but tend to exit the place with Reputations in Tatters. I don't know how good he is but part of a Goalkeeper Ability is based on confidence and if the people in front of you are lazy and shit you don't stand a chance of building confidence

Very true. I would also place more trust in the opinions of our recruitment team over a fan's.
IF there is any truth in this, they have seen something they like.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
In fairness, they tried to offload him to us, for free, in January as 3rd choice to provide a bit of 'experienced backup'. I would appear that he is a bit gash.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Had a reasonable career up until he left Middlesbrough, not too bad at Blackburn, but seems to have wanted to leave Sunderland as soon as he got there.

Seems they 'ruined' 3 keepers there last season ? ?, which leads to suspicion that something is badly wrong in their keeper coaching setup ? ?

As 3rd choice he may be a decent gamble, but we need to play safe with pick #2. If only we could persuade Tim Krul to give it another year.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Remember when Blackburn were happy to drive a certain Shane Duffy down to us because he was shit?

To be fair that was after a string of own goals and some of his family slagging off Blackburn on social media !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here