Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] ITV coverage of the World Cup and football in general.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Once the anthems are over we go to an ad break just when the atmosphere is building.

I find this extremely irritating when they just can't wait to squeeze ads in...same with half time before we get the analysis.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the plus side it's one last chance before kick-off to raid the kitchen for beers and nibbles.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Yep, agreed, get the ads in before the teams come out and at half time, then post match. At least they can't ruin F1 anymore.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I was going to suggest a picture in picture ad to at least keep the atmosphere brewing but they would take it too far and have that throughout the game with a small view of the pitch in the top corner and numerous ads filling the screen.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
ITV's football coverage has always been utter dogshit. The ads aren't the worst thing about it by far despite them being annoying. Even getting rid of Andy Townsend hasn't improved it much. Not for me Clive.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I still can't quite get over their opening credits and all their links being based on The Greatest Showman. I mean WTF ? Bizarrely irrelevant.

Its a World Cup in Russia. Do some proper Russian shit with their plinky-plonk music or something.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The commentary is about the only good thing today. Jon Champion is having trouble with his South Korean players.

''This is Lee Jay Sung, suuung, passing to Ch, Ch, Ch Cunhg, Chung. Ah Thank god for that Larsson has intercepted it. How come BBC got the England game, I can pronounce Harry Kane?

Ally McCoist even came out with some STATS earlier but he has long since run out of things to say of interest. He makes Andy Townsend seem like Steven Hawking.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The commentary is about the only good thing today. Jon Champion is having trouble with his South Korean players.

''This is Lee Jay Sung, suuung, passing to Ch, Ch, Ch Cunhg, Chung. Ah Thank god for that Larsson has intercepted it. How come BBC got the England game, I can pronounce Harry Kane?

Ally McCoist even came out with some STATS earlier but he has long since run out of things to say of interest. He makes Andy Townsend seem like Steven Hawking.

Listening to Ally McCoist reminds me of the early FIFA games, when they didn't have enough space on the disks to include player names on commentary.

"The Centre-Forward with a great shot there" "I'll tell you what, the full back has been excellent today"

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Listening to Ally McCoist reminds me of the early FIFA games, when they didn't have enough space on the disks to include player names on commentary.

"The Centre-Forward with a great shot there" "I'll tell you what, the full back has been excellent today"

I get the feeling Ally is trying his best not to say 'This is so hard, they all look so alike'' Luckily for Ally, the Right back has a head band on to enable a degree of confidence in the commentary and identify him by name.

Champion has given up though. ''Crossing for his colleagues in the box'' a minute ago.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I get the feeling Ally is trying his best not to say 'This is so hard, they all look so alike'' Luckily for Ally, the Right back has a head band on to enable a degree of confidence in the commentary and identify him by name.

Champion has given up though. ''Crossing for his colleagues in the box'' a minute ago.

Let's be fair to them, maybe they're all watching through ITV Hub too. Struggling to separate the two teams, let alone the individual players over here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here