Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Trent Sainsbury & Mark Milligan.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Like a good many of us on here I suspect, l've just been watching Australia v. France, (the Maty Ryan factor), and found myself being very impressed with the work rate of the Aussie defence. The centre back pairing in particular of Sainsbury and Milligan looked quality.

It led me to wonder about that extra central defender the Albion are after, and wondering if one of these two would be a possibility. Either would be available for a fair price one would have thought, Sainsbury spent last season on loan at Grasshoppers from a team in China, whilst Milligan having been linked with various moves to Europe in the past is currently playing his football in Saudi Arabia. Milligan in aprticular is probably past his best at 32, but certainly l think either have the experience to fill the 4th choice centre back spot..

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Never, never buy a player based on a good World Cup. Cardinal rule of football scouting.

Well obviously not based on one game anyway. They would both need to be properly scouted first. I simply think that based on today's performance at least, both looked promising.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Like a good many of us on here I suspect, l've just been watching Australia v. France, (the Maty Ryan factor), and found myself being very impressed with the work rate of the Aussie defence. The centre back pairing in particular of Sainsbury and Milligan looked quality.

It led me to wonder about that extra central defender the Albion are after, and wondering if one of these two would be a possibility. Either would be available for a fair price one would have thought, Sainsbury spent last season on loan at Grasshoppers from a team in China, whilst Milligan having been linked with various moves to Europe in the past is currently playing his football in Saudi Arabia. Milligan in aprticular is probably past his best at 32, but certainly l think either have the experience to fill the 4th choice centre back spot..

32 and plays tinpot league, I believe the big move has passed him by.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Never, never buy a player based on a good World Cup. Cardinal rule of football scouting.

I don't know, Real Madrid bought Keylor Navas because of his performances for Costa Rica and that worked out pretty well when they decided to dump Casillas.

David Ospina didn't work out quite as well for Arsenal though, and then there's El-Hadji Diouf when Liverpool stupidly bought him in 2002!

I also think you should use the same logic for NOT buying players because of a World Cup. Yes, Jahanbaksh was abysmal yesterday for the Iranians but that doesn't mean he's not a player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here