Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] World Cup "easy on the eye" fans....

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Belgium vs Panama
belgium.jpgPanama.jpg

Tunisia vs England
Tunisia.jpgengland.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And another

Attachments

• 6315F3D5-3542-4250-8AC2-233BCB340A7B.jpeg
    6315F3D5-3542-4250-8AC2-233BCB340A7B.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 1,019

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

nynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynynyny

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree with that tweet by Dan Walker but also maintain my right to appreciate fit birds in the crowd. Or wherever actually. Just like my wife can be watching a match and go "oh, who's HE?!" when some player catches her eye.

It's getting a bit daft now and creating a problem. Sexism is really shit but if you start classing normal human behaviour as sexism then you're just going to turn people off from what's actually right and wrong.

Hurrah for the "hot birds in crowd" shots. It's part of the world cup. My son and I laugh about it every match, along with trying to spot a plastic World Cup, fully painted face/body, excessive crying etc etc.

Oh and before some dick tries to pick me up on calling women "birds", that's normal parlance round our way and is not used in a demeaning manner whatsoever (e.g. my wife and her friends call each other bird). So **** off. [emoji23]

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Georgina Rannard should have chosen her Twitter sources a little more carefully.

'The Godmother' aka #Shlerooo in the article is being hammered for her hypocrisy in claiming "being sick and tired of this World Cup objectifying of women...it's all about their looks".

https://twitter.com/Shlerooo/status/1010965240023052288

A closer look at her tweets and it's a different story:
Morocco manager - "Morocco's coach is um...sexy #ICantUnseeIt"
Real Madrid team - "these tanned locos make everything look hot"
Rafa Nadal - "My mind. #ThatRafaAss"

One suspects calling her out on this wouldn't fit the BBC narrative though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Georgina Rannard should have chosen her Twitter sources a little more carefully.

'The Godmother' aka #Shlerooo in the article is being hammered for her hypocrisy in claiming "being sick and tired of this World Cup objectifying of women...it's all about their looks".

https://twitter.com/Shlerooo/status/1010965240023052288

A closer look at her tweets and it's a different story:
Morocco manager - "Morocco's coach is um...sexy #ICantUnseeIt"
Real Madrid team - "these tanned locos make everything look hot"
Rafa Nadal - "My mind. #ThatRafaAss"

One suspects calling her out on this wouldn't fit the BBC narrative though.

Absolutely. First rule of virtue signalling on social media is to make sure your shit doesn't stink before embarking on your moral crusade.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Absolutely. First rule of virtue signalling on social media is to make sure your shit doesn't stink before embarking on your moral crusade.

Her reply on the Morocco coach tweet:
"You really Think saying someone is sexy is objectifying?its pathetic how you actually spend time to go through my pics just to try to prove a point hahaha. Anyways. Please learn about structural objectifying and f*** off"

Stay classy, love.

Anyway, in an attempt to bring the thread back on track, here's the photo montage that raised her hackles.

You'd probably see more bare skin on Brighton seafront today.

worldcupgirls.jpg

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love the term "facist-liberal", such an oxymoron but deliberately used to describe a lot of the outrage brigade and oh so very apt.

The whole world has gone completely and hysterically 'Jehovah, he said Jehovah!!!' We now listen, watch, scrutinise and often as not twist any kind of perceived outrage to the point there's an entire generation where this is normalised behaviour and know no better. It's exhausting. And, ironically, a trait of bullying. Moreover, like a Paraguayan referee, even when we get it badly wrong we cannot back down because to do so is to condemn ourselves as weak. Therefore apologising is out of vogue. And, for the Facist-Liberals especially, the art of accepting an apology and moving on from certainly has died out altogether. Nothing less than said offender losing everything, in a micro-second of misguided human emotion or judgement, will do in their self-appointed Judge, Jury & Executioner public courtrooms. Depressing doesn't cover the half of it.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agree with that tweet by Dan Walker but also maintain my right to appreciate fit birds in the crowd. Or wherever actually. Just like my wife can be watching a match and go "oh, who's HE?!" when some player catches her eye.

It's getting a bit daft now and creating a problem. Sexism is really shit but if you start classing normal human behaviour as sexism then you're just going to turn people off from what's actually right and wrong.

Hurrah for the "hot birds in crowd" shots. It's part of the world cup. My son and I laugh about it every match, along with trying to spot a plastic World Cup, fully painted face/body, excessive crying etc etc.

Oh and before some dick tries to pick me up on calling women "birds", that's normal parlance round our way and is not used in a demeaning manner whatsoever (e.g. my wife and her friends call each other bird). So **** off. [emoji23]

Double standards anyway.

British women drooling over topless shots of the Poldark star, openly admitting it's a massive draw to the series, with media coverage to match.

In the spectrum of harmful things in this world, it's all a debatable 0.5 out of 10.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love the term "facist-liberal", such an oxymoron but deliberately used to describe a lot of the outrage brigade and oh so very apt.

The whole world has gone completely and hysterically 'Jehovah, he said Jehovah!!!' We now listen, watch, scrutinise and often as not twist any kind of perceived outrage to the point there's an entire generation where this is normalised behaviour and know no better. It's exhausting. And, ironically, a trait of bullying. Moreover, like a Paraguayan referee, even when we get it badly wrong we cannot back down because to do so is to condemn ourselves as weak. Therefore apologising is out of vogue. And, for the Facist-Liberals especially, the art of accepting an apology and moving on from certainly has died out altogether. Nothing less than said offender losing everything, in a micro-second of misguided human emotion or judgement, will do in their self-appointed Judge, Jury & Executioner public courtrooms. Depressing doesn't cover the half of it.

It's actually not the case though is it. It's a few shouty people mouthing off. Most young people I meet aren't like that at all. Just like everything really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here