Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Airbus Factory tours at Toulouse

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Evening all..!

We're staying very near to Toulouse mid/late August, and thought this might be a decent place to visit with my two boys (and dragging the Mrs along too.. :tantrum: )

I've read that you can have option of three different types of tour, but it's not so clear on here whether the 'stages' are the different tours/aircraft - http://www.manatour.fr/en/aeronautical-discovery/lets-visit-airbus-discovery-tour

Anyone been ? :)

ellisbhastroud

Feb 26, 2013
Just arrived in toulouse (found £20 return flights), all quite spontaneous and no plans so any tips/advice will be very welcome!

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My only visit was in 98 to see England get beat in the world cup. Nice town, nice, people, nice little ground, nice river, crap result.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Been many years ago for A320 when with BCal

The Maharajah of Sydney

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney .
Just arrived in toulouse (found £20 return flights), all quite spontaneous and no plans so any tips/advice will be very welcome!

Visited Toulouse back in 2008 and ate the best meal I've ever eaten at this place here ; https://www.restaurant-emile.com/en/chez-emile-toulouse/
Had the house signature dish ; Cassoulet au confit de canard de Francis - stewed white beans with porc sausage and preserved leg of duck, 24€
The restaurant sits on a corner of the buzzy Place Saint Georges - a really nice part of the city.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patreon
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Evening all..!

We're staying very near to Toulouse mid/late August, and thought this might be a decent place to visit with my two boys (and dragging the Mrs along too.. :tantrum: )

I've read that you can have option of three different types of tour, but it's not so clear on here whether the 'stages' are the different tours/aircraft - http://www.manatour.fr/en/aeronautical-discovery/lets-visit-airbus-discovery-tour

Anyone been ? :)

I have been to the Embraer factory in Brazil. Looks a similar deal. How I read it is you see 3 different parts but mainly the final assembly hall and finish off going on the A400 (their version of the C130 Hercules). Seems good value.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Definitely worth doing, you should also get the chance to look on board a prototype Concorde that is there too.

Reads to me like you do all three stages?

I went a few years ago and stages 1 and 2 Plus a visit to Concorde were included. Third stage is a more recent addition.

Last edited:

Jul 7, 2003
Check the online reviews. I looked at this last as a present for my son but there were quite a few comments about how the factory part didn’t have any activity going on so you just saw a bunch of parts waiting to be fitted

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here