Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will you be watching the Russia World Cup ?

How much WC footy will you be watching?

• Silly question every game possible, its the World Cup!!

Votes: 131 74.9%
  • England games, Albion players and the latter stages

Votes: 33 18.9%
  • Just the England games really

Votes: 5 2.9%
  • International just ain't the same, FIFA, Russia, Boycott it

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I guess pretty much everyone will be watch some, but how much? Is it still the greatest show on earth or International football tainted or just not matter as much anymore?

For me must see all England games plus games involving Albion players. Bar the final and probably the semi's I'll probably just watch the odd game

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I guess pretty much everyone will be watch some, but how much? Is it still the greatest show on earth or International football tainted or just not matter as much anymore?

For me must see all England games plus games involving Albion players. Bar the final and probably the semi's I'll probably just watch the odd game

As much as is humanly possible. But will be at work for some.

Will try to watch as many games as humanly possible, but again work gets in the way!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I remember 20 years ago taking most of my holiday for the start of the world cup and watching England v Tunisia in a packed Font & Firkin on a Monday lunchtime, as well as the opening Scotland v Brazil game the previous Wednesday. I won't be doing any of that. Back then and in subsequent tournaments I genuinely thought we had a chance of winning the thing. I'll watch England and other bits and pieces but my England enthusiasm passed away after South Africa 2010 and international football isn't the buzz it was for me now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'll watch England, the big teams, the Albion players and the rest on evening highlights.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Do bears shit in the woods? According to the thread above, everyone does. :drool:

Edit - every game live if I can. Madness to do anything other.

We had a big telly in one of the research labs for 2002 and I took great delight winding up all and sundry foreigners working in the department at every possible opportunity. It was like [MENTION=3733]papajaff[/MENTION] at Hull all over again. Marvellous scenes. :O:rock::ascarf:

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Even though I'm not much of a football fan I shall be watching it as it's a big sporting occasion So I shall watch Saudi Arabia against, dunno, someone like Sweden for example with the same avid intensity with which I watch, say men's diving in the Olympics.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
I want to watch every game, I don't normally watch much football apart from Albion these days but the World Cup is something special, I've been hooked since Italia 90.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I’ll watch as much as I can with my son.

I’m too young to remember 1978 apart from all the paper on the pitch in the final but I was 12 when Spain 82 was on and it was the most magical tournament for me. Can still remember Robson’s 27 second goal, Keegan’s injury saga, the wonderful Brazilians, Schumacher taking out Battiston and Tardelli’s celebration among many, many highlights.

Now he’s 11 I hope he’ll get similar memories from this tournament. I’ve never enjoyed one as much since.

I will be working for quite a bit, sometimes away, but I hope we’ll see some of the big moments together.

I was massively cynical about this tournament till a few months ago but, come on, it’s the World Cup. Taking over the front room for Panama vBelgium? Absolutely. Leaving work early to go drinking? If I must. Hyperbolic shit all over the media? Bring it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:yahoo:

I ****ing love the World Cup

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Boycott; Russia; FIFA; Blatter (he was in charge of the awarding of it); corruption - all the rest of it. I know my little boycott wouldn't make any difference - and no more than a pin-prick in the unlikely event of being approached by MORI or whoever compiles the viewing figures (and they haven't ever approached me in nearly 70 years so unlikely to start now).

But.....................as it draws nearer, I'm thinking, yeah, I probably will watch it, though interest will probably peter out, apart from England matches, after the first three or four boring 'mustn't lose the first match' games. So, just like all the other 21st. century world cups then............................

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Boycott; Russia; FIFA; Blatter (he was in charge of the awarding of it); corruption - all the rest of it. I know my little boycott wouldn't make any difference - and no more than a pin-prick in the unlikely event of being approached by MORI or whoever compiles the viewing figures (and they haven't ever approached me in nearly 70 years so unlikely to start now).

But.....................as it draws nearer, I'm thinking, yeah, I probably will watch it
Watch the WC, but boycott the sponsors.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Me too. But 'the odd game' as well is missing from the options. I think at lot would fall into England/Albion/latter stages/plus odd game category.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Will be watching the England games, and whatever games are on in the evenings.
Definitely will not be watching lthe afternoon kick off games due to work commitments.

Will definitely swerve the opening ceremony as I've heard Robbie Williams is performing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here