Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Deontay Wilder says he has agreed to UK unification fight

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
World heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder claims he has agreed to fight Britain's Anthony Joshua in the UK.

The American, 32, holds the WBC title and wants a unification bout with Joshua, the WBA, IBF and WBO champion.

He tweeted: "The $50m offer for him to fight me next in the US is still available. Today I even agreed to their offer to fight Joshua next in the UK.

"If he prefers the fight in the UK, the ball is in their court. It's up to them to choose."

Wilder's manager Shelly Finkel*later told ESPN they had officially accepted terms to a fight in the UK.

Finkel said: "Deontay sent an email to Joshua [Sunday] night, and I sent one [Monday] to Barry Hearn and Eddie telling them that we officially accept the offer to fight under the terms they gave us and to send us the contract."

Oh yes, it's happening!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
This will be a huge fight, and maybe one that is difficult to predict a winner.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I'll wait for confirmation from Eddie or MatchRoom before I consider getting excited about the fight.
Can't agree that it's the biggest fight in the past decade, although the hype and build up to come will shape it that way.
Mayweather - Pac Man
Fury - Wlad
GGG - The Mexican Ginger

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Honestly, who cares. It's not Albion and not even football! Nothing but the boring stuff on Sky to generate more betting activity.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Honestly, who cares. It's not Albion and not even football! Nothing but the boring stuff on Sky to generate more betting activity.

NSC - Big Board (Front Page)
40 Threads
24 Non-Football (60%)
16 Football (40%)
4 Albion (10%)

Yes it's the off-season, so the numbers could be increased up to 20% in-season.
But NSC is traditionally a 'Dad's Net (& some Mums)' of Football Message boards.

You should know this, you've been here nearly 10 years.

+
"Who Cares"
- You literally spent the time to post on said boxing thread.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Wilder by KO. Wilder proved against Ortiz that he has a granite chin. He'll wait for that leathal killer punch he has. If he lands game over for AJ and his weak chin.

Exciting fight. Wilder's weird unorthodox style will cause AJ's robotic boxing all sorts of problems.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Biggest fight of the decade if it happens

Neither fighter are lineal champions. They never beat a true world champion. Both are paper champions at the moment. . Wilder beat an obese and useless Stiverne for his World Title and AJ beat Charles crack head Martin for his. Both terrible/easy fights.

IMO, both fighters have only been tested once so far. AJ was nearly KO'd by a shot Klitschko who was previously humiliated by a one sided affair against Fury. Same for Wilder, he could easily have lost to grandad Ortiz. Both showed huge weaknesses in their only half decent tests.

This is both fighters 1st true test of their ability, but I wouldn't call this the biggest fight in the last 10 years.

Last edited:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
NSC - Big Board (Front Page)
40 Threads
24 Non-Football (60%)
16 Football (40%)
4 Albion (10%)

Yes it's the off-season, so the numbers could be increased up to 20% in-season.
But NSC is traditionally a 'Dad's Net (& some Mums)' of Football Message boards.

You should know this, you've been here nearly 10 years.

+ - You literally spent the time to post on said boxing thread.

I know. Like the description as DadsNet! Just had a frustrating day listening for a Football fix on TalkSport on and off and all they talked about was David Haye retiring.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Bigger than Pacquiao vs Mayweather?
its a shame mayweather waited till the pac man had lost a bit of his ability---- 3-5 years earlier would have been fireworks, and that's maybe why the money swerved it
As for AJ vs wilder in this country it will be special - the pubs will be packed and 90,000 brits will scare the bejesus out of the yank, hard to believe Madison square garden only holds 12,000- be like playing at Orient I would imagine

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Just glad it’s on terrestrial tv.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Wilder by KO. Wilder proved against Ortiz that he has a granite chin. He'll wait for that leathal killer punch he has. If he lands game over for AJ and his weak chin.

Exciting fight. Wilder's weird unorthodox style will cause AJ's robotic boxing all sorts of problems.

Why has Joshua got a weak chin and not Wilder ?
When you get hit by a heavyweight you are in trouble. Both AJ and Wilder came back from big shots in recent fights.
Equally if Joshua lands its game over for Wilder.

That's the beauty of Heavyweights, One punch will normally win you the fight.

Robotic style.... agreed a bit... organised some would say... unlike Wilder who is wide open...

Vlad was organised/robotic.... and he reigned for 10 years...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here