Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Flats in Brighton & Hove.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Been toying with the idea of buying a two bedroom flat back in Brighton or Hove for a while now and wondering what the going rate for a decent flat would be.
Currently living in Northamptonshire and at presently renovating a Georgian 4 bed end of terrace with off road parking and a double garage. I haven’t had a it valued yet but looking in the region to get around the £300k mark for it, question is would that get me anything decent in B & H ?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Been toying with the idea of buying a two bedroom flat back in Brighton or Hove for a while now and wondering what the going rate for a decent flat would be.
Currently living in Northamptonshire and at presently renovating a Georgian 4 bed end of terrace with off road parking and a double garage. I haven’t had a it valued yet but looking in the region to get around the £300k mark for it, question is would that get me anything decent in B & H ?

£300k will probably get you a decent one bed flat in Brighton or Hove.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I'm looking to buy my first fairly small one bed flat, and my budget is £200k and there's not a great deal without going further out to Portslade/Soutwick/Patcham etc. (which I probably will do)

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Rightmove :shrug:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Have you thought about looking on Rightmove or similar websites ?

Yes tried to post the same thing on there but couldn’t find a forum where most of the posters live in Brighton and would have personal experience of the area and support the same team , maybe I’m on the wrong board, thought it was supposed to be helpful on here?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Personally couldn’t think of a worse thing to do. Nice 4 bed end of terrace in to a flat in Brighton. Each to their own I guess. Even if I wanted to move back to sussex can get some decent places a few miles outside of Brighton on that budget.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yes tried to post the same thing on there but couldn’t find a forum where most of the posters live in Brighton and would have personal experience of the area and support the same team , maybe I’m on the wrong board, thought it was supposed to be helpful on here?

Without wanting to sound like a dick but do you know how Rightmove works?

You put in the area, your price range and hit search. Hey presto, a bunch of properties matching your criteria.

No need to be arsey to GOM because you can't figure out how to use a pretty basic website.

EDIT: Look, I've done it for you: http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...ryDisplayPropertyType=&newHome=&auction=false

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Personally couldn’t think of a worse thing to do. Nice 4 bed end of terrace in to a flat in Brighton. Each to their own I guess. Even if I wanted to move back to sussex can get some decent places a few miles outside of Brighton on that budget.

The 4 bed is in Northamptonshire though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

The area is quite large, so can't really give an opinion on the whole of the area. We don't know your requirements, do they include schools or do you have preferences for beach view etc.
Use Rightmove, find properties that might be interesting to you and then ask for opinions on that area.

I am sure you will be given plenty of help if you narrow it down a bit, otherwise property is expensive in the Brighton area is about all we can offer.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
lots of new flats being built in Haywards Heath and Burgess Hill.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here