Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Any news on his loan?

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
As he will be going out to Europe we have until the end of August to sort this out and the deadline next week doesn't affect the deal.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If Percy can't get a work permit, I assume that means he can't train with us either? So isn't getting him out sharpish more of a priority? Otherwise wherever he goes in Europe he is well behind on fitness with all European leagues about to start again

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If Percy can't get a work permit, I assume that means he can't train with us either? So isn't getting him out sharpish more of a priority? Otherwise wherever he goes in Europe he is well behind on fitness with all European leagues about to start again

He can train, just not with the squad, he'll be able to do fitness stuff but won't be able to work on match sharpness etc.

When we signed Jose last season he was training on his own before his work permit was approved, I think there was also a picture of him watching the open training session at the Amex as he couldn't take part because of the lack of work permit.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
He can train, just not with the squad, he'll be able to do fitness stuff but won't be able to work on match sharpness etc.

When we signed Jose last season he was training on his own before his work permit was approved, I think there was also a picture of him watching the open training session at the Amex as he couldn't take part because of the lack of work permit.

That's gotta be a real bummer for him, gets his dream move to the premier league and has to train alone, feel for the lad.

That is what I meant by being well behind, the only way to get match sharpness is by playing games, even in training, which he can't do alone, surely there are some lower top flight clubs in Holland, France, Germany, Italy or Spain who would snap your hand off for the South African footballer of the year and top goalscorer?

Just don't see why this is taking so long

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He is going to feel like the first big signing of next year if he starts banging in the goals in Europe this year (if he gets the work permit for 2019-2020 season)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Perhaps we have applied for a work permit, and we're waiting for a hearing?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Just don't see why this is taking so long

The club have written off his ability to contribute this season for BHA. So I'd imagine they're arranging the best possible placement for the lad. Why would you want, or expect them to rush that? It's pretty important he finds a club he's going to be happy and successful at this season. Not just take the first offer on the table.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As he will be going out to Europe we have until the end of August to sort this out and the deadline next week doesn't affect the deal.

Is the right answer. It's only in the English leagues, the transfer window closes on 9th August.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Strange that after a protracted signing up here appears to have been no plan in place as to where he can go on loan and get game time. If it was tied to a two way deal it might make sense but that seems highly unlikely now.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Might all be tied to any potential move for a Hemed replacement if necessary ? ???

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Strange that after a protracted signing up here appears to have been no plan in place as to where he can go on loan and get game time. If it was tied to a two way deal it might make sense but that seems highly unlikely now.

I'd imagine there may be more than one option and we are involved in a 'bidding war' to give him the best opportunity to develop (strength of club/league, expected playing time etc) and give us the best deal in terms of covering salary etc (I have no idea how loans work in practice, but assume lower/smaller league teams are not generally expected to cover 100% of a players salary when on loan)? As others have said, there is no rush and we can afford to bide our time if this is indeed the scenario.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here