Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep. A good plan. But to be fair Its been reported multiple times that there will be no football link between USG and the Albion. Its purely a business investment from Bloom and completely separate is whats been argued (presumably from the horse's mouth).

Nobody on NSC seems to quite believe that of course and its been questioned in several threads in the last few months.
As for Tau then surely the club with 100s of staff, lawyers and contacts doing a million and one things have someone who can ask, before getting too far down the track, whether a transfer will be viable or not in terms of visas, FA rules etc or likely to be.

"There will be no link between the clubs at playing or boardroom level"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/162...etes-takeover-of-belgian-club-saint-gilloise/

It's been questioned multiple times because it makes absolutely no sense to own and run 2 identical 'companies' that can be mutually beneficial and have them keep their distance.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
The premier league want to have a global audience and Tau will have people following him from South Africa. He is SA s best player and most expensive so it could go through.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yep. A good plan. But to be fair Its been reported multiple times that there will be no football link between USG and the Albion. Its purely a business investment from Bloom and completely separate is whats been argued (presumably from the horse's mouth).

Nobody on NSC seems to quite believe that of course and its been questioned in several threads in the last few months.
As for Tau then surely the club with 100s of staff, lawyers and contacts doing a million and one things have someone who can ask, before getting too far down the track, whether a transfer will be viable or not in terms of visas, FA rules etc or likely to be.

"There will be no link between the clubs at playing or boardroom level"
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/162...etes-takeover-of-belgian-club-saint-gilloise/

To come out and say they would be a feeder club would only serve to upset the Belgians from the off. Not a smart move.

I'm sure Everton have an equally large recruitment team, but it didn't help them to get a work permit for Onyekuru before signing him.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
It's been questioned multiple times because it makes absolutely no sense to own and run 2 identical 'companies' that can be mutually beneficial and have them keep their distance.

Fair enough. So either, Bloom not known for lack of business nous has just made an investment that "makes absolutely no sense" or as a football owner where he stands out as a transparent and honest owner in a questionable industry to say the least, has been lying about his intentions here multiple times.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To come out and say they would be a feeder club would only serve to upset the Belgians from the off. Not a smart move.

I'm sure Everton have an equally large recruitment team, but it didn't help them to get a work permit for Onekyuru before signing him.

Of course and i've no idea if they will secure the signing, work permit for Tau. I'm just assuming it wouldn't have got to this stage without a confident understanding that it will go ahead given the advice they will have sought.

As for USG being a feeder club, clearly there's nothing anyone can say to convince anyone that this isn't the intention despite it being denied. Fair enough.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
The premier league want to have a global audience and Tau will have people following him from South Africa. He is SA s best player and most expensive so it could go through.

The new work permit rules were designed specifically to restrict clubs signing cheap Africans at the expense of young British talent. The club needs to be able to prove that this guy is substantially better than what is available in the English lower leagues. I'm not so sure they can due to the poor standard at which he is currently playing.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc

Yes but unfortunately the work permit process and what the Premier League would like are two independent things. If the PL had their way, every player available would be allowed to sign at PL clubs for as much money as possible.

However I am hopeful that Tau would qualify as an exception due to his international status and Mamelodi Sundowns' status having won the SA league and competed in the African Champions League (as well as I believe the Club World Cup?).

If not, this may be a "buy cheap, loan out, sell on at profit" game, much like Manchester City played with Aaron Mooy.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Fair enough. So either, Bloom not known for lack of business nous has just made an investment that "makes absolutely no sense" or as a football owner where he stands out as a transparent and honest owner in a questionable industry to say the least, has been lying about his intentions here multiple times.

Id imagine he's been 'economical' for reasons I'm way to stupid to understand.
Feel free to bounce this in a couple of seasons time, if there is no collusion between clubs.
Or I guess you could have another holiday from NSC if towing the company line makes you look a little silly, again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Not saying that TB has been lying but the interesting thing to me is the idea of a "business investment" that will only lose money unless in exceptional circumstances. This is a Belgian 2nd Division club so unless the training ground is actually sat on a lithium mine or something it's never going to be profitable.

Our Tone is no fool so it's either just a plaything (great heritage blah blah, important club historically blah etc) or there's something in it for him, and in it for him is most likely to mean something to the advantage of the Albion.

"Business investment" alone doesn't make any sense.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Id imagine he's been 'economical' for reasons I'm way to stupid to understand.
Feel free to bounce this in a couple of seasons time, if there is no collusion between clubs.
Or I guess you could have another holiday from NSC if towing the company line makes you look a little silly, again.

They really should have singed a striker last summer. But hey. I'll live.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It makes sense for USG to sign him now and obtain an EU work permit and we buy him from them in the January window if obtaining one in this country is a problem Not sure if we could circumvent that by signing him ourselves and then loan him to USG until January.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It makes sense for USG to sign him now and obtain an EU work permit and we buy him from them in the January window if obtaining one in this country is a problem Not sure if we could circumvent that by signing him ourselves and then loan him to USG until January.
Keep up at the back.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The club tracked Ulloa for around 18 months before they could sign him as they new he wouldn't get a Work Permit until his Spanish passport was sorted, that implies they are rather up on these things and know the chances of securing a work permit or not. If we are this far down the line with the Tau deal the club know if a work permit is possible, or if he qualifies for an EU passport.

That isn't how the process works at all. As mentioned above with Ulloa, he had a work permit to play in Spain but we couldn't sign him until he got a Spanish passport. Just because Tau may qualify for a work permit in one EU country doesn't automatically mean he would then get one in the UK.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not saying that TB has been lying but the interesting thing to me is the idea of a "business investment" that will only lose money unless in exceptional circumstances. This is a Belgian 2nd Division club so unless the training ground is actually sat on a lithium mine or something it's never going to be profitable.

Our Tone is no fool so it's either just a plaything (great heritage blah blah, important club historically blah etc) or there's something in it for him, and in it for him is most likely to mean something to the advantage of the Albion.

"Business investment" alone doesn't make any sense.

Stade Joseph Marien has space for a huge Ikea at one end, following the Smellhurst model of urban planning.

Clever TB.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
sorry havent read the whole thread but just pointing out my view whether it be feasible or not
Just kidding. It's a sensible idea but TB has stated that there will be no links between the clubs. I'm still sceptical.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That isn't how the process works at all. As mentioned above with Ulloa, he had a work permit to play in Spain but we couldn't sign him until he got a Spanish passport. Just because Tau may qualify for a work permit in one EU country doesn't automatically mean he would then get one in the UK.

Doesnt a work permit in Europe offer reciprical arrangements to all EU workers in this country whilst we are part of the EU.?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be absolutely astounded if we sign Tau and can’t get him a work permit. We are no longer even remotely that tinpot

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here