Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he was ready for the Premier League standard, could we bring him back this season?
There is time to go through the work permit process for this season, but we'll only do that if there is a realistic chance of success.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On tonight's evidence anyone who can't see the benefit of buying Tau for LESS THAN £3m, is such a drongo there's no point in even bothering to try and explain.
You'll be better off trying to explain that tomorrow is Sunday.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What kind of scenario do we need for SA to move into the top 50?

It's not just a top 50 requirement, they could be outside of the top 50 and we build a case on him being an exceptional player from that nation. Having won the player of the season award at USG will help evidence that. And getting MOTM perfromances at the AFCON can only help.

If they can make the final then we should be able to build a case

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It's not just a top 50 requirement, they could be outside of the top 50 and we build a case on him being an exceptional player from that nation. Having won the player of the season award at USG will help evidence that. And getting MOTM perfromances at the AFCON can only help.

If they can make the final then we should be able to build a case

Well let’s hope the legal team are making inroads into case building for mr tau then

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
International footballer can’t play for his English club side where he would be paid and taxed heavily. Yet half of east anglia is farmed by non skilled foreign workers that pay little if any at all into the economy? I’m confused.

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
International footballer can’t play for his English club side where he would be paid and taxed heavily. Yet half of east anglia is farmed by non skilled foreign workers that pay little if any at all into the economy? I’m confused.

Really dont want to get onto the Brexit/foreigner thing but your talking rubbish. Foreign labour fills in gaps that English labour doesnt want to do. Picking is actually a skilled job. There is a real shortage of English labour that can do seasonal work hence the need for migrant labour who are skilled and far better motivated. The other factor is that most workers live on or close to farms because of difficulty getting into work at very early hours because there is no/few public services available. Basically you havent got a clue and just sound like a racist Little Englander..

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
Really dont want to get onto the Brexit/foreigner thing but your talking rubbish. Foreign labour fills in gaps that English labour doesnt want to do. Picking is actually a skilled job. There is a real shortage of English labour that can do seasonal work hence the need for migrant labour who are skilled and far better motivated. The other factor is that most workers live on or close to farms because of difficulty getting into work at very early hours because there is no/few public services available. Basically you havent got a clue and just sound like a racist Little Englander..

I sound like a racist little Englander for not understanding why a black South African fotballer that’s would pay many thousands into our tax system isn’t allowed in to play in this country :rolleyes:

Are you simple or just annoying?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I sound like a racist little Englander for not understanding why a black South African fotballer that’s would pay many thousands into our tax system isn’t allowed in to play in this country :rolleyes:

If there were no restrictions (lower-league) teams would be full of cheap foreigners. Brits wouldn't get a game. There has to be a cut-off somewhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

If you want to turn this in to a foreigners debate try another angle.

Migrant labour fills the gaps in our economy. Such workers are essential. It is well documented that EU migrants put in far more to the economy than they take out.

If Percy Tau was an EU citizen it would not be a problem.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Really dont want to get onto the Brexit/foreigner thing but your talking rubbish. Foreign labour fill9s in gaps that English labour doesnt want to do. Picking is actually a skilled job. There is a real shortage of English labour that can do seasonal work hence the need for migrant labour who are skilled and far better motivated. The other factor is that most workers live on or close to farms because of difficulty getting into work at very early hours because there is no/few public services available. Basically you havent got a clue and just sound like a racist Little Englander..

Absolute poppycock about picking!!

I've done a lot of picking on my travels in times gone by and its a piece of piss!

It's hard work...but it aint difficult to get the hang of.

Skilled job my arse!

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
If you want to turn this in to a foreigners debate try another angle.

Migrant labour fills the gaps in our economy. Such workers are essential. It is well documented that EU migrants put in far more to the economy than they take out.

If Percy Tau was an EU citizen it would not be a problem.

So in other words, if the EU hadn't set up racist rules, then he would qualify to play here in England. Woohoo EU.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sounds like Percy is making a bit of a name for himself , SA are into the QF's now , should bump them up the rankings a few pegs....:clap:

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
So in other words, if the EU hadn't set up racist rules, then he would qualify to play here in England. Woohoo EU

Has it got anything to do with the EU, maybe I am being whooshed but isn’t it our association that set the criteria for foreign players?

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Didn't know South Africa have a Percy Tau and a Percy Lau according to the BBC.
3f75b40523190a9199d79af9db17a936.jpg

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
On tonight's evidence anyone who can't see the benefit of buying Tau for LESS THAN £3m, is such a drongo there's no point in even bothering to try and explain.
You'll be better off trying to explain that tomorrow is Sunday.

100% agree

If anyone has not seen the game Tau absolutely bossed it. His first touch, movement and work rate were all first class. He was the best player on the pitch and made Salah look like a non league player in comparison.
On this evidence (and I accept it was only one game) he would walk into our team and make a real impact.
I hope we are able to make a case for him getting a work permit as I would love to see him in an Albion shirt.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
100% agree

If anyone has not seen the game Tau absolutely bossed it. His first touch, movement and work rate were all first class. He was the best player on the pitch and made Salah look like a non league player in comparison.
On this evidence (and I accept it was only one game) he would walk into our team and make a real impact.
I hope we are able to make a case for him getting a work permit as I would love to see him in an Albion shirt.

If he can't, he cost £2.7m and outshone the £100,000,000 player.

For those yet to experience their first full live Percy game, something I'm sure will change on Wednesday.
The comparisons with Salah are spot on, he plays in exactly the same role.
Defends as a touchline hugging winger.
But attacks on the diagonal from the touchline into the box.

I don't think he went to the by-line once.

It's going to confuse a lot of the hard of thinking Albion fans as I don't believe any of our 'new' wingers attack to the by-line.
So no prizes for guessing what stick they are going to get beaten with

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here