Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau - SIGNED on a 4 year deal - The Lion Returns. RRROOOAAAARRRRR

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I could certainly be proved wrong, but my memory is that the camera angle from behind Maupay showed it was going in. He went for placement rather than power, and the goalkeeper gambled, guessed correctly and did well. That's how I saw it anyway.

I think that's true. It was a very well saved pen. It's why I want to see him take the next pen. He should be scoring and needs his confidence sky high.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I think it’s quite clear the ball was travelling as indicated and going in :whistle:

View attachment 132355

Don't be silly. THIS was the actual plan for that shot. Just very unlucky it didn't come off.

maupay pen_LI.jpg

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Someone needs to tell Percy this isn’t league 2 Belgium anymore , I was going mental with his jogging around in the last 15 mins , giving the ball away and jogging towards the Leeds players and not tackling.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
The only poor performance of the day. Gave the ball away and looked a bit blasé. I'm sure he's still settling in and hopefully will will build on the promise he showed against Man City.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Hopefully Dunk will coach him after today and help him learn from his experience today :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bit naive by Potter to put him on in those circumstances, and naive by him by not realising it was time to hold the ball up, keep possession and waste some time. Still, as others have commented, he will be made to learn from this. Did ok towards the end of the game. It’s great to have a different option up front.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would like to see him start against Blackpool next weekend. A chance to play on a decent pitch in a game where we should be doing most of the attacking.

Jimmy Grimble

9775bd3e6bd6eced07286744e172bd4c.jpg

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He was VERY poor against Leeds.

He needed to do one of two jobs:

1. Win fouls high up the pitch to buy time and help us step up the pitch - aka 'The Murray'.
2. Hang off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace as an outlet.

He did neither. New to the scene or not that’s basic stuff. Needs a serious word. It was like playing with ten men when he came on. Looked dangerous in the small glimpses against Newport/City, but needs to work on this side of his game. Clearly not a role he's used to and he needs to learn it quick time.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
He was VERY poor against Leeds.

He needed to do one of two jobs:

1. Win fouls high up the pitch to buy time and help us step up the pitch - aka 'The Murray'.
2. Hang off the shoulder of the last defender and use his pace as an outlet.

He did neither. New to the scene or not that’s basic stuff. Needs a serious word. It was like playing with ten men when he came on. Looked dangerous in the small glimpses against Newport/City, but needs to work on this side of his game. Clearly not a role he's used to and he needs to learn it quick time.

Good post

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here