[News] Train Pain

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
f02bac7743d26c495d9a8481d8552695.jpg

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
"British Transport Police said it was investigating the vandalism, which was reported on Wednesday."

I have passed this train everyday for the last 3 weeks... It started off on one coach and progressively got worse every day...

How the hell did it only get reported on Wednesday - surely I can't be the only person to have seen it - and surely they would have noticed it, and moved the train...

Yoda

English & European
"British Transport Police said it was investigating the vandalism, which was reported on Wednesday."

I have passed this train everyday for the last 3 weeks... It started off on one coach and progressively got worse every day...

How the hell did it only get reported on Wednesday - surely I can't be the only person to have seen it - and surely they would have noticed it, and moved the train...

I'd noticed it too. Was wondering where it had gone yesterday.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Perhaps they wanted to wait until they'd finished vandalising it before reporting the crime.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
If the carriage shed had been kept it could have been shut away safely.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Last time I caught a train in Italy, all the carriages looked like that. No doubt the paint job will be spun out for as long as possible so they can appeal any fines, but frankly I see no reason why the trains can't run as they are.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Just another ****ing excuse. I get the train from hove to Reigate everyday. Not once have my trains got me to work on time this week.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Perhaps if GTR had bothered to run the train once in a while it would not have been left thereto be vandalised .

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
clearly better than tagging

So it's better that with thousands of people struggling with City Thameslink's lack of service that 12 carriages are taken out of action. And better when there's a lack of carriages when getting to and from Falmer?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
So it's better that with thousands of people struggling with City Thameslink's lack of service that 12 carriages are taken out of action. And better when there's a lack of carriages when getting to and from Falmer?

haha.

i commute by train every day of the week. my 12 carriage train has become 8 & an 8 carriage a 4 - I'd love a 12 carriager.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Why should it be taken out of service at all? I’m not aware that an extra coat of paint of two has any effect on a train’s performance. Or lack of it.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Why should it be taken out of service at all? I’m not aware that an extra coat of paint of two has any effect on a train’s performance. Or lack of it.

Maybe because they don't want their train looking like a toilet? Maybe the passengers want to see out the windows? Just guessing...

Yoda

English & European

Why wasn't it in service in the first place? It's been stuck at West Worthing for about two weeks, and covered in graffiti for the second of them.

As I posted on someones facebook share of the news item:
1. It had been like that for well over a week until they moved it, so not sure why it was only reported to BTP only on Wednesday. (Show's how much GTR check their rolling stock) Which leads me on to...
2. If GTR could be bothered to run a proper service it may not have been left there for weeks to get covered in graffiti.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here