Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Father’s Day Lunch At The Amex

el punal

Having read about this extravaganza on the club’s official site I have nudged my daughter into the possibility of her “inviting” me to attend. The chances are remote - but hey-ho, never say never. I then read the blurb about what’s on offer - three course meal, okay, in HB’s fine restaurant, that’s fine, with a stunning view of the Amex pitch - hang on a minute! I was under the impression that the pitch had been dug up and was about to be relaid for next season.

This then makes me think about what stunning view am I likely to see from the stylish HB’s restaurant window.

Would it be :

A) Bob the Builder and his mates, with all sorts of mechanical paraphernalia of JCBs and bulldozers?

B) A beautiful carpet of sand ready for a summer beach ball tournament?

C) A Rolling Stones gig?

D) A herd of wildebeest stampeding from the players tunnel?

or

E) Your choice of an attractive and stunning view?

Cheers! :drink:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Having read about this extravaganza on the club’s official site I have nudged my daughter into the possibility of her “inviting” me to attend. The chances are remote - but hey-ho, never say never. I then read the blurb about what’s on offer - three course meal, okay, in HB’s fine restaurant, that’s fine, with a stunning view of the Amex pitch - hang on a minute! I was under the impression that the pitch had been dug up and was about to be relaid for next season.

This then makes me think about what stunning view am I likely to see from the stylish HB’s restaurant window.

Would it be :

A) Bob the Builder and his mates, with all sorts of mechanical paraphernalia of JCBs and bulldozers?

B) A beautiful carpet of sand ready for a summer beach ball tournament?

C) A Rolling Stones gig?

D) A herd of wildebeest stampeding from the players tunnel?

or

E) Your choice of an attractive and stunning view?

Cheers! :drink:

Sydney Opera House perhaps, the Hanging Gardens of Babylon?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Did this one year and wasn't that impressed to be honest. As others have mentioned, it was also a bloody nightmare to get to with all those f***ing cyclists clogging up the roads.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Probably lost bloody cyclists :rant:

Fancied this, then realised getting there with bikes everywhere was a nightmare

Queen_bicycle-race.jpg

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The i360.

The view will be so good, you'll want to go back again and again.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For those thinking why are they banging on about cyclists: Father's Day is the day of the BHF London to Brighton bike ride and the usual route comes down Coldean Lane and along Lewes Road into town.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here