Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] England v Costa Rica (on ITV from Elland Road)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Forgive me if this has been done, but why is it at Elland Road? The place is a dive.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why didn't Southgate know his starting line up before the 2 friendlies and play them as a team leading up to The World Cup ready for the first game.
What with fake injuries and trying new players in friendlies and qualifying, it seems to me that the team that plays in the major completions never play together before it starts.
No wonder we are crap.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Forgive me if this has been done, but why is it at Elland Road? The place is a dive.

That's what I was thinking. If they want to go up north surely one of the Manchester/Liverpool clubs or even Newcastle or Sunderland have significantly better stadiums. Elland Road looking very scruffy and tired in my recent visits.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
That's what I was thinking. If they want to go up north surely one of the Manchester/Liverpool clubs or even Newcastle or Sunderland have significantly better stadiums. Elland Road looking very scruffy and tired in my recent visits.

You should check out some of the grounds in Costa Rica.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Great comment from Ian Wright: 'Its great for the kids when England take it around the country to places like Leeds where there dont get to see premier league stars'

That must rankle with the entitled locals :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Why didn't Southgate know his starting line up before the 2 friendlies and play them as a team leading up to The World Cup ready for the first game.
What with fake injuries and trying new players in friendlies and qualifying, it seems to me that the team that plays in the major completions never play together before it starts.
No wonder we are crap.

I imagine most other nations will be doing the same.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great comment from Ian Wright: 'Its great for the kids when England take it around the country to places like Leeds where there dont get to see premier league stars'

Perfectly true statement

LVGull

May 13, 2016

Much better atmosphere than Wembley. We should play in club grounds more often, but of course FA want the £££

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 5, 2014
Pure evidence that England touring the grounds is the right way to go.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Hopefully the Sheff Wed/England band haven’t been let in.

No such luck, they ruin the atmosphere every England game. Unfortunately they were interviewed before the game and they confirmed they’ll be ruining the atmosphere in Russia as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wow what a goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills