Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Rick Astley*coming live to the Brighton cente

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t dislike him and I’ll watch if I see him on tv but pay to go and watch him? Err no

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I imagine going to see him live is a joke that would get very boring after the first 20 mins.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I saw him a few years back in Borde Hill Gardens as part of an 80's concert which I had freebies for - Martin Fry was headlining I think. I had no expectations at all but he was absolutely class - great voice and very funny.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
OK, I will set up the joke, but I want credit for the assist.

Has anyone got spare tickets for the Rick Astley gig?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I saw him a few years back in Borde Hill Gardens as part of an 80's concert which I had freebies for - Martin Fry was headlining I think. I had no expectations at all but he was absolutely class - great voice and very funny.

Maybe it's as well he has forged a second career as a comedian then.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
He could always reciprocate the favour and invite Dave and the boys on stage.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This will be the first ever Music Gig or Sporting Event ever in the UK where there are no Scousers outside flogging inflated '' Tout Priced '' tickets

If there is then the world has gone mad I loved the 80s for music but sorry Rick by the time you came along Stock Aitken and Waterman were past their sell by date IMO

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Whilst he’s not in George Michael’s league, he is a decent singer and apparently very entertaining and we know all the songs, so why not. I’m in .

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You seem keen that people say they're coming. Well I'm never gonna tell a lie and hurt you.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This will be the first ever Music Gig or Sporting Event ever in the UK where there are no Scousers outside flogging inflated '' Tout Priced '' tickets

If there is then the world has gone mad I loved the 80s for music but sorry Rick by the time you came along Stock Aitken and Waterman were past their sell by date IMO

As much as they haunted my youth, I have to pick at this. Sales-wise, they had 3 no.1's before Rick, then 10 including NGYU. Their best song was in May 90, nearly 3 years after NGGYU.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As much as they haunted my youth, I have to pick at this. Sales-wise, they had 3 no.1's before Rick, then 10 including NGYU. Their best song was in May 90, nearly 3 years after NGGYU.

All personal preference really and I did say IMO

When all that stuff first came around I was bopping around the dance floors of clubs pissed as a fart. By the time Rick Astley came along I was '' all bopped out '' and prepping the pipe and slippers

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No thanks. Just spent my latest ticket money budget on John Oates in London in October. None of this 80s revivalist stuff for me! Oh, wait a minute - wasn't he in Hall and Oates?
Oh well, got a brilliant Americana album out called Arkansas. Can't wait.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here