Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Benik Adobe to...

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Having just signed for Wolves, they are now (according to SSN) in advanced talks to sell him on to Stoke, supposedly for a quick £2,000,000 profit. All a bit odd, if you ask me. I wonder how much say Benik has had in all this wheeling and dealing. Who in their right mind would be happy to swap PL to go to Championsip..... STOKE.... of all places??

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Didn't we do this once? Sign a player, I think for free, then immediately sell him onwards before he played for a small sum, £25K or something (probably not that small for us in those days)

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Having just signed for Wolves, they are now (according to SSN) in advanced talks to sell him on to Stoke, supposedly for a quick £2,000,000 profit. All a bit odd, if you ask me. I wonder how much say Benik has had in all this wheeling and dealing. Who in their right mind would be happy to swap PL to go to Championsip..... STOKE.... of all places??

He was there on loan at the end of the season. I'm guessing that Wolves were committed to buying him now, as part of the loan (to buy) deal, but now that they've succeeded in securing promotion, don't consider him good enough, so are selling him on.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If companies in the world outside football bought an asset and immediately sold it on for a £2m profit there'd surely be questions being asked by the fraud squad...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The bookies must know something AND....Wolves will spend big before the window closes. They could ruffle a few feathers. Worth a punt e/w because 3 of last seasons top 4 were not that great in truth.

I'd expect it from our northern neighbours but Shirley an Albion fan doesn't need to have the fact that spending doesn't equal success explained to him.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
If companies in the world outside football bought an asset and immediately sold it on for a £2m profit there'd surely be questions being asked by the fraud squad...

Bill Archer !

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Didn't we do this once? Sign a player, I think for free, then immediately sell him onwards before he played for a small sum, £25K or something (probably not that small for us in those days)

Thought we sold him on for £100k just a weeks after signing him.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
He's a Premier Pro who will surely be feeling the After Effects of a long season. A real Dreamweaver on his day, he must have failed in his Audition to show he has the Spark or Dimension to Fuse with the Creative Cloud at Wolves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here