Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] i360 wants to reduce repayments

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
Due to disappointing visitor numbers according to The Argus.

Is anyone surprised?

Surely we could have told them that when the project was first suggested.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The problem is, once you're up there. There's NOTHING to see.

Exactamondo.
Whereas Spinnaker Tower is not only aesthetically pleasing from the outside, there's plenty to see from the top.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think they need to change the journey back down to something like the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, that would increase visitors

No, no, no.

We were reliably informed on here, by the enlightened ones, that the i360 would be a great Tourist attraction creating literally hundreds of jobs and boosting the Cities economy.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Ah, the Tower of Terror......

ttt.JPG

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
For only £10m less we could have had another tall immobile waste of space.

Christian Benteke.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
It's much like the London Eye. I always thought that would have been better if they'd lowered it a little so you went under the water for a bit...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Always thought it was a bizarre project. For all its charms, Brighton isn't a city that looks at its best from the air and being surrounded by the downs, we all kind of know what the view is, and can look at it for free.

I don't have strong feelings about it particularly but I do find that empty pole rather annoying to look at when the pod is near the ground.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Due to disappointing visitor numbers according to The Argus.

Is anyone surprised?

Surely we could have told them that when the project was first suggested.

I'm not surprised at all. The visitor figures were quite obviously inflated to match the case being made. Only idiots believed them. The council MUST hold the i360 to contract though.

I actually don't have a problem with the concept - what I have a problem with is the local taxpayer being lumped a huge risk. If private investors couldn't see any investment opportunity then why should the local taxpayer take the risk ? The council has inflated its projected visitor numbers and Kitcat / Theobald did a dirty under the table deal. *** and this post will now be down thumbed by TLO with no reply because he's a Green sycophant unable to put up a decent argument in favour of the local taxpayer taking all the risk ***

Yet someone told me I was wrong :facepalm:

D

Deleted User X18H

The issues here are -

Why it bothers anyone outside Brighton & Hove

The Argus have again lifted a story from a very popular local news website. #kemptownlinereopening ring any bells?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here