Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fixture Changes

el punal

With the fixtures for the new season about to come out, I have a question. What is the minimum time period that the PL can revise the date/time of a match for TV coverage or other purposes from the original date?

The reason I ask is to do with travel arrangements. As every self respecting football fan knows you book your journey at your peril before the dreaded round of TV match selections becomes known. So knowing when a fixture can’t be changed saves an awful lot of grief in the travel/accommodation department. Cheers!

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
With the fixtures for the new season about to come out, I have a question. What is the minimum time period that the PL can revise the date/time of a match for TV coverage or other purposes from the original date?

The reason I ask is to do with travel arrangements. As every self respecting football fan knows you book your journey at your peril before the dreaded round of TV match selections becomes known. So knowing when a fixture can’t be changed saves an awful lot of grief in the travel/accommodation department. Cheers!
Last season, there was a list of expected announcement dates for each month, for TV coverage.

I'd expect the same again but only use it as a loose guide as, although those dates were kept towards the end of the season, there were some months where they'd be weeks out with an announcement.

These were for last season, so could well be similar:

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
e14f115e7e78fc129d54c9d0195b041a.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stand by for another season of announcement dates being missed, and games being played at times, where it will be impossible to get there and back in a single day by train.

Although whether the train companies have sorted out the new shambles of a timetable by the time the season starts is another matter

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Last season, there was a list of expected announcement dates for each month, for TV coverage.

I'd expect the same again but only use it as a loose guide as, although those dates were kept towards the end of the season, there were some months where they'd be weeks out with an announcement.

These were for last season, so could well be similar:

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
e14f115e7e78fc129d54c9d0195b041a.jpg

And, of course, in addition to that you need to know the dates for FA Cup games, as The PL games will be rescheduled when they clash.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Why not announce the fixture changes now and then next week, when the fixtures are announced, they will override the changes already made....sounds like common sense and means I can book up flights and rail tickets without fear of cancellation........grrrrrr.....

TNBA

TTF

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Stand by for another season of announcement dates being missed, and games being played at times, where it will be impossible to get there and back in a single day by train.

Although whether the train companies have sorted out the new shambles of a timetable by the time the season starts is another matter

The Premier League have been trying to get co-operation from the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) - the umbrella group for all the train franchise holders - regarding tickets being valid if a fixture is moved.

So far, they haven't even been able to have a meeting with senior decision makers (merely juniors). The RDG are evidently not that fussed in speaking to the Premier League.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm sure there was something about giving a minimum of 6 weeks notice for fixture changes for TV, but not sure that applies for moving games to help teams in Europe or fixture congestion due to cups etc..

el punal

The Premier League have been trying to get co-operation from the Rail Delivery Group (RDG) - the umbrella group for all the train franchise holders - regarding tickets being valid if a fixture is moved.

So far, they haven't even been able to have a meeting with senior decision makers (merely juniors). The RDG are evidently not that fussed in speaking to the Premier League.

I would imagine the RDG are not fussed in speaking to anyone.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hopefully someone will factor in the Brighton line engineering works in October and February when the Brighton line will be closed for 9 days each time , Three Bridges to Lewes/Brighton will be non useable for train travellers

The October closure doesn't coincide with the international break, sadly.

Not international break next February.

Could be awkward.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
The PL might just as well let Sky plan all the fixtures so that we know the whole season's fixtures at the start of the season (as far as is possible with the impact that Cup games and other postponements will have). After all, they already "fix" the timing of games for "Super Sundays" and "Derby Weekends" so why not drop the pretence and let Sky arrange things to suit themselves? They pretty much do anyway, with their consideration of fans who actually attend matches being zero. Rant over.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Expect us and other 'smaller' clubs to be on the tellybox a lot for the first third of the season. Sky/BT to get their commitments to broadcast each team a minimum number of times out of the way. They can then concentrate on televising the 'big' teams after Xmas.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hopefully someone will factor in the Brighton line engineering works in October and February when the Brighton line will be closed for 9 days each time , Three Bridges to Lewes/Brighton will be non useable for train travellers

What are these actual dates, my learned friend ?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

e33b44fb30db74f5ae62b19e87a277e8.jpg
Perhaps these could be introduced, to Albion fans, to get them to Falmer quicker, rather than Southern Rail.
You must remember them :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here