Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] suffragettes

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Apologies, I know it's fixtures, but couldn't find the previous thread.

Just watching BBC4 docu now, they at least seemed to keep most of their acts without loss of life< (althoughoften wrong), and had a good good cause to believe in.

When do you think we will ever see just a justified cause of revolution in our life time?

I always believed as a youngster smoking weed at Glastonbury that the good people of the world would unite against the bullshit politics we live amongst today, guess I wrong.

I always believed this world was for the good people having a have good time.

A poll will not follow to judge when the rest of you guys and gals think a revolution is appropriate to finally bring this country back to the people, rather than those who blagged themselves in, and will be very soon sorted out, (NI)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Not a revolution, but I have great respect for environmental protestors from Hunt Sabs, Twyford Down protestors, Greenpeace, etc. Often light years ahead of the crowd and politicians on massive issues that later come to the fore.

Same, it's a shame people with forward thinking ideas will have no more than tv documentaries to recognize them, will the world ever actually ever wake up to the dangers in front of them and do anything about it

ie, World politics / finances / environment???

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Always interesting how yesterday's 'loonies' become tomorrow's mainstream.

Show's how it's really the agenda of the media that oft stands in the way of progress.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Always interesting how yesterday's 'loonies' become tomorrow's mainstream.

Show's how it's really the agenda of the media that oft stands in the way of progress.

Really?
Who are yesterdays loonies?
Who are todays / tomorrows?
Who are going to stand up for the shit politics we take as normal today????
And

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
i bloody hope so

Dont, It wont be the romanticised claptrap you are daydreaming about. Think the collapse of the Soviet Union and the resulting sectarianism, Historicly genocide is the norm. It will be messy.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Dont, It wont be the romanticised claptrap you are daydreaming about. Think the collapse of the Soviet Union and the resulting sectarianism, Historicly genocide is the norm. It will be messy.

Im guessing it's just anarchy and chaos that appeals to me....

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really?
And

Environmentalists. Considered left wing loony tree huggers (by the noisy blinkered and business interests), because they spoke about pollution, plastics, green house gases, noxious fumes from diesels, greenbelts, wildlife.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Environmentalists. Considered left wing loony tree huggers (by the noisy blinkered and business interests), because they spoke about pollution, plastics, green house gases, noxious fumes from diesels, greenbelts, wildlife.

You mean Greens? what happens with new ideas is the good bits get cherry picked leaving the zealots babbling in the corner, greens after all tend to be anti=science/vaxxers, "live in mud hutt, ludite troglodites".

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Really?
And

Thirty years ago, gay rights activists, women's rights activists, ethnic rights activists, environmentalists etc were considered 'looney lefties' and 'extremists' (some on here still have that regressive, insular mindset).

Nowadays (aside from those who still have that regressive, insular mindset - they don't know who they are, they're too insular) these issues are considered mainstream.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
One revolution is the stuff happening in the US film industry. There’s a definite and needed readjustment going on over there and I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of the sexist and abusive culture which has prevailed for way too long.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If no response today, then that's an 'owned':thumbsup:

What’s the big deal if you have children or not? It’s as relevant as asking if he had cornflakes for breakfast.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here