Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jason Puncheon - what a great role model

TypicalPalace

May 5, 2013
What does a rich man giving it the ‘i am considerably richer than you’ to someone have to do with a quote from your chairman?

You certainly do make an impression [emoji106]

footballer in arrogant d1ckhead shocker. I cant explain it all for you its just lazy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Reading the story, He did not take off his belt.

When a bouncer who confiscated the belt tried to return it, Puncheon told him to "keep it... buy a house with it".
I asked you if he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it - you don't seem to have an answer for that. Maybe because you were talking crap:

But Judge Michael Snow ruled Puncheon was not acting in self-defence and added: ‘He is completely contradicted by very clear CCTV video. ‘No-one looking at that CCTV video could come to a conclusion that at the time when he had taken his belt off and was striking towards a group of people including one who had his back to him that he was acting in self defence. ‘It is quite clear to me that he has completely lost control of his behaviour and he was striking indiscriminately at that group. ‘He was not acting in self-defence or in defence of another at that time he used the belt.’
So will you change your plea loz?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
clearly you find it all too difficult to remove yourselves from the inferiority complex you all have to understand the point.

Palace are a nasty scummy lot arent they. And yet..

I bid you farewell - look out for second season syndrome wont you.

footballer in arrogant d1ckhead shocker. I cant explain it all for you its just lazy.

You're not making any sense in your posts. Desperation springs to mind, that you thought you could bait us, but no-one is biting.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A fan told Premier League footballer Jason Puncheon he was ‘****ing shit’ moments before he lashed out at a group of people with his belt, a court heard. The footie ace twice whipped his belt at the group who were shouting at him as he left the club with his wife and his best friend, Ben Chorley and his wife.

Why are the newspaper referring to him as the "footie ace". He's not is he? He's f**king shit, as has already been made clear.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Man stands up for himself and his wife after (apparently) being abused. Not such a bad role model, not that football players should be seen as role models anyway.

It does seem from that article that JP was provoked into fighting back against a tw@t determined to start a fight.
Maybe not the nicest individual himself, but in this instance the other guy seems the bigger knob.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Man stands up for himself and his wife after (apparently) being abused. Not such a bad role model, not that football players should be seen as role models anyway.

But Judge Michael Snow ruled Puncheon was not acting in self-defence and added: ‘He is completely contradicted by very clear CCTV video. ‘No-one looking at that CCTV video could come to a conclusion that at the time when he had taken his belt off and was striking towards a group of people including one who had his back to him that he was acting in self defence. ‘It is quite clear to me that he has completely lost control of his behaviour and he was striking indiscriminately at that group. ‘He was not acting in self-defence or in defence of another at that time he used the belt.’

He admitted a section 4 public order offence of using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to cause fear or provoke unlawful violence.

A further charge of assault by beating was dropped after no evidence was offered by the prosecution.

In other words, he changed his plea to guilty to the 'lesser' charge so the CPS wouldn't continue witht the assault charge. He admitted it.

It does seem from that article that JP was provoked into fighting back against a tw@t determined to start a fight.
Maybe not the nicest individual himself, but in this instance the other guy seems the bigger knob.

He was provoked, but the judge said his behaviour, according to the cctv, was out of control. It was way more than self defence, in fact the judge rejected self defence.

Walk away with the wife, even shove out an arm, to get past, if necessary, but the take the time to take off a leather belt and use it as a whip, is not the act of a rational man.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
clearly you find it all too difficult to remove yourselves from the inferiority complex you all have to understand the point.

Palace are a nasty scummy lot arent they. And yet..

I bid you farewell - look out for second season syndrome wont you.

Look out for Admin number 3 wont you!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I asked you if he didn't take off his belt, why did the bouncer have it - you don't seem to have an answer for that. Maybe because you were talking crap:

So will you change your plea loz?

Yes OK then :) I must admit I take very little notice of Multi Millionaire footballers fighting in nightclubs as I am sure they would be wound up by remarks, but they really should know better. Maybe its about time clubs started to teach these young millionaire footballers to behave in public.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Yes OK then :) I must admit I take very little notice of Multi Millionaire footballers fighting in nightclubs as I am sure they would be wound up by remarks, but they really should know better. Maybe its about time clubs started to teach these young millionaire footballers to behave in public.

I do agree, and I believe clubs are trying (I know ours gives the young pros guidance / instruction).

I'm not sure that JP really qualifies as 'young'. He's 32 this month FFS. He really ought to have grown out of shit like this.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I do agree, and I believe clubs are trying (I know ours gives the young pros guidance / instruction).

I'm not sure that JP really qualifies as 'young'. He's 32 this month FFS. He really ought to have grown out of shit like this.

I think all clubs do but when the agents get hold of them as they get richer I imagine the clubs lose them to agents and after that cant really deal with players directly...But yes a 32 you should be able to turn away.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes OK then :) I must admit I take very little notice of Multi Millionaire footballers fighting in nightclubs as I am sure they would be wound up by remarks, but they really should know better.
Agreed.
Maybe its about time clubs started to teach these young millionaire footballers to behave in public.
I don't think it's an easy thing to do, they're rich and have the world at their feet. I think it starts from the owner - only they can insist their club has a good culture with decent core values. Even then they'll have the odd player who behaves poorly, and it's not great business to sack player who are worth millions.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here