Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Lush

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What are they making a point about? What do they thnk the police have done?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I opened this thread with more than a sense of foreboding.

Relieved to find out that our Centenary Dinner girl is still with us.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
What a bizarre campain, what where they expecting to achieve?

Cannot stand walking past one the smell is distgusting, imagine working there you would have to deep clean every day so you dont stink out any room you are in.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Advertising bombs openly for sale was always likely to attract attention.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The campaign, which is set to run until June 18, was launched with an article on the firm’s website. It told the story of how one female activist was in a five-year relationship with a man who suddenly disappeared before she found out he was an undercover police officer.

So to translate "rabid left wing feminist gets dumped by a guy who got sick of her shit".

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What are they making a point about? What do they thnk the police have done?

There were a few undercover cops who had relationships with women, got some pregnant, whilst investigating activists. I don't agree with the way the undercover cops went about their work, but this campaign is very ill thought out, and distressing to police, and their families.
Not all stores have taken up the campaign.

https://uk.lush.com/article/exposing-spy-who-loved-me

I dislike Lush products in any case, but if I did like them, I would stop using them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Significant own goal, you can question their tactics given to officers undercover but painting the whole police force as liars and wronguns' isn't a good move. I don't like the way some police officers act, in the same way I don't like the way people in other professions act, but these are the minority, that said I am fully behind the rule of law and most of the force.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Phew. Saw the headline and feared the worst.

You're ok then Kay? :)

EDIT: Buzz Lightyear beat me to it! :)

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
And a thread has been started about them and we are all talking about them ? Controversial as it may be, they have people talking about them ! Clever advertising???

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And a thread has been started about them and we are all talking about them ? Controversial as it may be, they have people talking about them ! Clever advertising???

It might be advertising but I've seen many tweets and Facebook posts, from females who are now going to boycott them. There are female police, and police wives who are objecting strongly.
It could be a Ratner moment.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter

I think the point of advertising is to make money, by selling your goods or services and earning a profit. None of this is likely as a result of this campaign, so I don't get it when people trot out your type of argument in these cases.

Thing is, I don't actually understand this. A cosmetics shop is making a point about undercover police corruption. I don't get the link?! Seriously, how do these relate?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I was expecting Linda Lusardi in the latest peekaboo organic swimwear , to say i'm slightly disappointed is a understatement .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here