Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Anyone watching the ambulance programme now on bbc1

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
These paramedic/ ambulance people are absolute saints!

Attending a crash in Birmingham where 5 people died.

Horrific

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Absolute heroes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes. Emergency services suffer more PTSD than the army.
The poor young girl 21 yr old rang her Mum in the middle of the night when she'd finished dealing with the RTC.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Politics aside, they all look completely knackered. What a fantastic job they do

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Have to admire how they switch into automatic mode at the scene but the aftermath when they come down off that was clearly demonstrated by the young girl breaking down. All caused by a moron driving too fast in the Audi. According to reports, he had done jail time for a previous 130mph police chase! 6 dead before their time purely down to him!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What a caring bunch of people.

Everyone deserves our heartfelt gratitude.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to admire how they switch into automatic mode at the scene but the aftermath when they come down off that was clearly demonstrated by the young girl breaking down. All caused by a moron driving too fast in the Audi. According to reports, he had done jail time for a previous 130mph police chase! 6 dead before their time purely down to him!

What an evil piece of shit the driver was. No interest in the lives of other road users.

The coronor closed this case yesterday.

Bystanders took videos of the dead and dying on their bloody mobiles, as happened at the Shoreham Air Show crash.

47BC563C-4757-4A1E-A36A-1FB0CA0AA4CE.png

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Absolutely amazing job from the entire emergency services.

What a watch.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What an evil piece of shit the driver was. No interest in the lives of other road users.

The coronor closed this case yesterday.

Bystanders took videos of the dead and dying on their bloody mobiles, as happened at the Shoreham Air Show crash.

View attachment 97322

Don't understand how people can stand and photograph and film when people are dead and dying. Either walk away or try to help.

Don't have any sympathy with the family named above though as he was one of the ***** that caused the crash. Some of those in the car had done time for drug dealing and high speed car chases and police Intel suspects from evidence collected from the car that they were dealing again that night and the driver had cannabis in his system while driving at 100mph in a 40mph zone. There families should be ashamed that their sons took the lives of another 3 people not defend them and say what lovely men they were. Makes me sick at such a senseless and avoidable tragedy.

Our emergency services are true hero's however and give me faith in humanity

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Outstanding series. Watched them all. The paramedics are amazing people.

Made me appreciate even more when an ambulance was called for me about 6 months ago after having a fit/seizure at work. The crew were absolutely fantastic, and were very concerned I had suffered a stroke (I hadn't), but without hesitation rushed me under full on blues and twos to St Georges Hospital in Tooting (I was working in Croydon). Even managed to have a bit of banter with them en-route as it was Xmas jumper day in the office and I was wearing an Albion one, and both the crew were Palace fans :eek:

graysgull

Aug 23, 2003
Watch it regularly, as I have worked in the NHS and have friends who are in the ambulance service. They do a magnificent job with restricted resources.

It is a pity that like the other emergency services that they are, sometimes, putting their lives at risk to do this job because they do not always know what they are heading into, and they can get attacked or abused at the drop of a hat by the very people they are trying to help.

These people are true heroes.......

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Due to my wife’s life threatening condition they have saved her at least three times. Amazing people.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Completely agree about the high calibre of the people featured.

The programme raised a few other issues for me. Such as the number of people who had to wait hours for an ambulance. Obviously in this case there was a major incident that needed the attention of five crews. But even so there were going to be a lot of sick or injured people hanging on for hours. Whether this is because we simply don't have enough people who want to do the job or because of (apparently inevitable) shortage of funding I don't know.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with this, but also share the same similar SOH.
It's a case of having to, to get them through their ordeals.
Yes. My son is a fire fighter, and sees some dreadful sights. Cutting people out of cars on the motorways is almost a daily routine.

Watch it regularly, as I have worked in the NHS and have friends who are in the ambulance service. They do a magnificent job with restricted resources.

It is a pity that like the other emergency services that they are, sometimes, putting their lives at risk to do this job because they do not always know what they are heading into, and they can get attacked or abused at the drop of a hat by the very people they are trying to help.

These people are true heroes.......

Firefighters are often attacked whilst attending shouts. Stoning, fireworks etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here