Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Official Match Thread: US trade war

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's been spluttering for months. Ivanka will make millions from Chinese patents since the lifting of tariffs on ZTE.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Tariffs make me hard in my pants. TRUMP! MAGA!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
And this is the country that the Brexit supporters expect us to have a huge trade deal with post Brexit :facepalm:
Might just might have a better chance on our own, we are dealing with a madman

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Stock up with denim products, bourbon and cranberries now before the retaliatory measures kick in.

Bozza, Denim is SO last year.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I thought our EU membership/belonging to a big trade bloc was meant to protect us and prevent this sort of thing .... :wink:
Keep up. It's only having the clout of the EU that means we can retaliate in any way and attempt to prevent this bullshit from Trump.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
How about Mexico ramping up the price of cocaine?.....that will hurt the septics !

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The problem with GATT rounds that cut tariffs countries have looked for other ways to get around fair trade.

Either Rigging exchange rates like China or subsidies like the EU and especially Germany. Its how their coal and steel industry contributed to the collapse of ours.

Dont blame Trump because our crap politicians have never stood up to these sharp practices.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If Apple products incurred a tariff that meant they cost twice as much as their value then UK customers would save a fortune.

I don't touch Apple products at all, corporate greed personified.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The problem with GATT rounds that cut tariffs countries have looked for other ways to get around fair trade.

Either Rigging exchange rates like China or subsidies like the EU and especially Germany. Its how their coal and steel industry contributed to the collapse of ours.

Dont blame Trump because our crap politicians have never stood up to these sharp practices.

The coal industry was destined to die... otherwise all of us do eventually.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here