Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Legoland

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I've just booked for me and my 2 youngest kids to go to Legoland whilst my wife and eldest have a trip away. Has anyone been? I know it's a rip off and extortionately expensive (i've just paid for it) but, as we are going peak season (August) i was wondering about the Q-bot queue cutting devices you can get.

They have 3 options.
1 - Reserve your time and just turn up then (£20 pp)
2 - Reserve your time and cut waiting timen in half (£35 pp)
3 - Instant access (£80 pp)
(i know the charges are criminal but this is a one off trip for them)

Has anyone used these? option 3 is definitely out, and so is option 2 probably, but i'm considering option 1. Can you build up a schedule in advance to maximise the number of rides you get on?

Any advice appreciated.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've just booked for me and my 2 youngest kids to go to Legoland whilst my wife and eldest have a trip away. Has anyone been? I know it's a rip off and extortionately expensive (i've just paid for it) but, as we are going peak season (August) i was wondering about the Q-bot queue cutting devices you can get.

They have 3 options.
1 - Reserve your time and just turn up then (£20 pp)
2 - Reserve your time and cut waiting timen in half (£35 pp)
3 - Instant access (£80 pp)
(i know the charges are criminal but this is a one off trip for them)

Has anyone used these? option 3 is definitely out, and so is option 2 probably, but i'm considering option 1. Can you build up a schedule in advance to maximise the number of rides you get on?

Any advice appreciated.

Better off spending £20 on Lego off ebay throw it on a blanket in the garden and have fun with the kids at home.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I went years ago without the Q jump thing. I vowed never to do that again. I can't comment which one is best to get but you are doing the right thing by throwing cash at it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The whole queue jumping thing really irritates me especially at Legoland where the queues are unreasonably long and entry is already relatively expensive. I just think it's a rip-off now and won't go there anymore.

The only time it's worth paying to skip the queue is probably if you're lucky enough to get the chance to go to Florida, where Universal operate the same way. The logic there is that if you're paying a lot of money to get there in the first place, it's worth making sure you don't waste your time in absolutely absurd length queues.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
even with the queue jumper you will still do some queuing. my over all impression was its OK but i wouldn't be impressed paying full wack - i wouldn't pay £80pp. depends how tolerant your kids are to queuing, may be worth it for you.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Careful posting things like that on here. I can see a £200 per season charge being introduced to go right to the front of the toilet and bar queues at half time coming in next season :)

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Went last year with the kids and we did the £20 q-bot thing. Yes it is very expensive and a rip off, but if going again i would buy the q-bot again. It meant you can jump the queues on some of the rides. Also we worked a system that while we were actually queuing for some rides, we had the q-bot programmed for our next ride. We were then able to finish one ride (after queuing) and go straight to another. Rinse and repeat.

Not all the rides do q-bots, so you will have to wait in line for some of the better rides.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Careful posting things like that on here. I can see a £200 per season charge being introduced to go right to the front of the toilet and bar queues at half time coming in next season :)

And fast track the train queues

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
the qbot thing is probably worthwhile.

but you have to wait for the length of time that the queue is currently averaging.
So it really just prevents you from having to stand in the queue.

you can go and do some of the other shorter length rides whilst you wait though.

Definitely worth planning out in advance. you can spend a lot of time just walking to and from rides.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Great place for younger kids but older ones there's less for. I assume your youngest 2 are at most primary age though so should be fun.

Can't comment on the Q-Bot thing and summer holidays as we tended to go when the kids had a day off school but other schools nationally didn't.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
went 2 weeks ago - xmas gift from my sister for the kids

how old / high are the kids - can have a effect on what rides they can do

suck up the price on the Q-bot - well worth NOT waiting in a queue for 45mins plus

Note £20pp does not include Ninjargo / Desert raiders - so go straight to these first thing 9,30 am in gates and 10am to get onto rides and then use Q-bot for the rest

stay late to get the most out of the day - 5.30 to 6pm you can go straight back round on some kid friendly rides (i.e. viking boat etc)

tis a rip-off - but the kids will talk about it for ages afterwards

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Went last year with the kids and we did the £20 q-bot thing. Yes it is very expensive and a rip off, but if going again i would buy the q-bot again. It meant you can jump the queues on some of the rides. Also we worked a system that while we were actually queuing for some rides, we had the q-bot programmed for our next ride. We were then able to finish one ride (after queuing) and go straight to another. Rinse and repeat.

Not all the rides do q-bots, so you will have to wait in line for some of the better rides.

This seems to be best way to do it, q-bot a few rides and queue for others. Works out slighter cheaper and helps you make the most of the day.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What about the poor ****ers that spend the whole day in queues

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You have my deepest sympathy. These places are hell, I used to dread them with a passion. It was a happy day indeed when my kids were old enough to take themselves and go with their mates. Just the thought of being trapped there all day till 5 or 6pm is enough to bring me out in hives.

Best I could hope for was an hours respite on a grassy knoll with nothing but a book or newspaper for company. Couldn't even have a few shandies as I had the drive home to contend with. I'd actually look forward to a walk back to the car just to pick some stuff up for lunch.

Which reminds me of one piece of advice I would pass on - take a decent picnic with you, because the cost of food and drink there is absolutely EXTORTIONATE. I'm not even kidding, its extraordinary.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
These theme parks really do have it made, don't they?. Almost universal comments on here of "it's a massive rip-off but you should pay it". A service which is almost entirely profit, and as more people buy it they can keep putting the prices up to get the right balance of being able to jump the queue without too many other people doing the same.

Then there's the price of food and drink...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
These theme parks really do have it made, don't they?. Almost universal comments on here of "it's a massive rip-off but you should pay it". A service which is almost entirely profit, and as more people buy it they can keep putting the prices up to get the right balance of being able to jump the queue without too many other people doing the same.

Then there's the price of food and drink...
Sincere apology to the OP but more people should be happy to give the following advice...

DON'T GO TO LEGOLAND.

It is expensive but more importantly it is a rubbish day out at any price. We went last week and would need to be paid a significant sum to go back - I certainly wouldn't go with free tickets.

We went on a school day and the queue for the "roller coaster" was still around 75 minutes for a pretty uninspiring 2 minute ride...

Similarly the "laser raider" ride was over an hour to wait for a couple of minutes that was not much more fun for the kids than any amusement arcade shooting game.

If you are committed to going in peak season then you 100% must pay extra for some sort of queue jumping. The £80 a head option is impossible to justify so you are left with making the best of Option 1 or 2.

Agree that some modicum of value/enjoyment can be salvaged in the last half an hour or so by going on a couple of rides with smaller queues but it is scant consolation by that stage.

Edit: The above doom-mongering only applies in full if children are aged about 8+. For younger kiddywinks there is a bit more to do at LEGOLAND that doesn't involve queuing and can be fun. If they are that easily pleased though there are still better family days out to choose first.

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
People complain about footie tickets but these places are the true rip off's

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports